HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Stolen Truck Phoenix

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 35K Gone: Truck Phoenix

Truck ripped off in Phoenix. Baby was out of site for 1 hour. I think there was a scout. I was at the gym with the truck parked in the back. BE AWARE. White 2005 w/ CA plates, bone stock ( not even tint or floor mats yet) HELP!

Has Cal Poly San Luis Obispo frame in the back. PHX.

Last edited by eboardma; 09-28-2006 at 03:32 AM. Reason: shoal
Old 09-28-2006, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by eboardma
Truck ripped off in Phoenix. Baby was out of site for 1 hour. I think there was a scout. I was at the gym with the truck parked in the back. BE AWARE. White 2005 w/ CA plates, bone stock ( not even tint or floor mats yet) HELP!

Has Cal Poly San Luis Obispo frame in the back. F thieves, PHX.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it back. This is a good argument for spending the extra few(relatively) bux for Lojack or Teletrack.... Hope it doesn't end up south of the border.

GrampZ
Old 09-28-2006, 10:09 AM

Ill keep a look out down here if they are heading south. what cab and what bed does it have? QC RC LWB SWB?
Old 09-28-2006, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just curious, did you have any kind of anti-theft on it and was it set? I don't have anything on mine and was wondering if I should be doing something about it. If you had it and it was set, then I guess getting it is nothing to worry about. Sorry to hear and I hope you get it back in top shape.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:38 PM

lo jack is highly recommended! I can't even leave the driveway if I don't have the security pad with me my house phone and cell phone ring if it moves 10ft. When they install it they won't even let the owner watch where they put it. very good purchase if you value your DCTD
Old 09-29-2006, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by dieselpower04
lo jack is highly recommended! I can't even leave the driveway if I don't have the security pad with me my house phone and cell phone ring if it moves 10ft. When they install it they won't even let the owner watch where they put it. very good purchase if you value your DCTD
As far as not leting the owner know where it is, what about inside jobs? Couldn't the info be "sold" and then lojack used to find a vehicle to steal? Just questions I have.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by 2500CTD
As far as not leting the owner know where it is, what about inside jobs? Couldn't the info be "sold" and then lojack used to find a vehicle to steal? Just questions I have.
Thats when you have 2 companies put one on. Are gps devices expensive to track online with?
Old 09-30-2006, 09:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think LoJack is a great product, but I hope they've improved it since I had it installed on my brand-new '98 Ram... periodically, it would arm itself (especially when it was raining) and I couldn't start it; or it would set off the alarm sporadically - usually at night outside the hotel room. It also kept draining the battery power away; don't start the truck for 3 days and you'd have to get jumped.

I finally ripped the whole thing out - what a major PITA!
It was wired into a symbiotic relationship with the factory circuitry.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:39 AM

Truck had no extra security at all. Cops out here say that lo jack/gps is the bist cuase they can find it when its movng. My bro across the street (2nd gen) says that the club is good for visual. He has one and his truck got stolen in the first 15 minutes that is wasn't in. Keep away from Phoenix. This place sucks. I'm probably going to get a yoda and kill it until I save enough to get another cummins.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by eboardma
I'm probably going to get a yoda and kill it until I save enough to get another cummins.
You had Insurance right? They should take care of it for you, minus a few bucks out of your pocket. Good luck
Old 10-01-2006, 07:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Taking carre of you by the Insurance industy any more just dosen't hack it. If the truck was more than 15 minutes old and you financed the whole thing , say $35000 the Insurance Industry has to figure depreciation, use and whatever else they use and you are probably out 5-10 grand right off the top. I do see that a few companies are now replacing your vehicle if it has under 12K miles of less than 1 year old but mostly you have a crap shoot unless you take out gap insurance from the lender also. Gap insurance will cover the difference of what you owe compared to the value when problems arise. They take your money and refuse to give you an equal replacement vehicle. Don't understand it but that seems to be a fact of life.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:52 AM

You're right, donhov - it's BS!
Old 10-01-2006, 10:39 PM

What part of Phoenix did it go missing in??
Old 10-02-2006, 12:04 AM

I believe it was stolen from in back of the gym.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:14 AM

Typical problem around here: Trucks are stolen, then used to transport illegals across the desert. 4x4 are preffered!

Happend to my buddy: His wife worked downtown at the time & truck was stolen. Found 1 week later in Tucson, missing the spare tire & jack, smelled like a bunch of sweaty ...... inside. Body panels flatened / bent. Insurance put $20k into it! We checked it out at the body shop; obvious that people were sitting on the roof & hood; Every peice of sheet metal had to be replaced; the rear springs were riding on the bump stops.

He traded it in when the factory warranty was up...truck ran fine, just never trusted it for longevity after that.

Tony

Quick Reply: Stolen Truck Phoenix