HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Should I be worried?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 05:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I be worried?

I took the comp completely off the other day cause truck had to go to dealer body shop and I didn't want to take any chances. I took the clamp off the turbo and everything. Well, I was playing with it and I hit 810* post turbo for the first time in the trucks life (even before I had the comp, I never got it that high) and I was consistently hitting 21-23 psi and holding it there constantly. Not just spikes, but holding between that range. I thought the truck would throw a code at that high of boost. FP was about 5-6psi. I don't know what the deal is. Any of yall know? The comp is completely unplugged. All sensors, pump wire, power, ground, everything (though I did just leave the wires in the truck hidden in the engine bay since the work was on the door).
Old 12-12-2002, 05:25 PM

Re:Should I be worried?

The high boost, high temp just means you are putting the fuel to it. With the box, the timing is adjusted to optimize the engine performance. Without the box, the ECM is running it's normal program. My HO has hit 1300, pre turbo. It was a spike. I can get 21 psi but it won't hold it unless I'm pulling a load up a hill or something to keep the engine working hard. Sounds like a hard working stock engine. Be proud. On the codes, you are borderline on setting one at that boost. I'm assuming you have an ETC engine. Didn't see what it was in the signature.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:50 AM
Banned

It is an ETC. I can hold 21-23 psi unloaded with just my foot to the floor on level ground and can hold it there without any trouble. What's bothering me is that EGT temp. Even before I had the comp, and only had the exhaust with stock airbox (K&N) and gauges, I could never hit 700. Why is it so high now?
Old 12-13-2002, 11:27 AM

I would have to say it has alot to do with the timing. A timing change forsure in a snowmible engine that I have extensive experience with can change the EGT by a ton! Believe me the comp is keeping the temps cool. Hey Big Blue how old are you by the way I think you and I are about the same age! Im 20 for the record.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:34 AM

on my stock 99 I can get and hold 22 psi boost no prob , and if I keep in it long enough 1100 comes around fairly easy ......<br><br>drops back to 300 as son as I let off the throttle though <br><br>
Old 12-16-2002, 11:10 AM
Banned

I'm 17. Turn 18 June 23. ;D
Old 12-16-2002, 01:52 PM

Your a real youngin then actully got my first dodge at 16 was a dakota RT but couldn't afford the gas so I got a 2500 4x4. Then added an EZ! I thought it was a rocket till I built my new truck. The white lightnening is so awesome for power and accelleration its mint!

Trending Topics

Old 12-16-2002, 03:10 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Blue,<br>Just learning about the Diesel myself, but gas computers take a few miles to reset after you make changes. Maybe try pullng the battery cables and let it sit for a few minutes. Take a trip to the store and let it reset itself. <br>Good luck.
Old 12-17-2002, 05:02 PM
Banned

I just moved the probe pre turbo and it hit 1100 and was still climbing. Truck is getting some body work done on it right now so I can't install the comp and see the difference. I'll let yall know though.

Jamie, I got my truck 2 months before I turned 16. It was a birthday gift from my grandpa who sadly died a few weeks before I turned 6. He started an account just for me before he died. The money in that account was to be used for college and to buy me my first car. That is why I try and take such good care of the truck. It has a certain sentimental value to it. This truck is the second fastest car of all my friends. The first fastest is my friends V6 stang that has had the book thrown at it (Underdrive pulley, Cold Air, true dual dumped exhaust, ported and polished upper and lower intake manifolds, .495/.525 lift 218/225 duration @.050 cam, 4.10 gears, Cobra Front Bumper, Cobra R Hood, 17X9 Cobra R Wheels, 275/40/17 Nitto Drag Radials in the rear, MegaBite Jr. Lower Conrol Arms). Oh yeah, it's also a 5 speed. Before he had the gears, and the cam, I'd run dead even with him from 0-100mph with the pump wire unhooked. He now beats Corvette's to 70 mph and come spring time, he'll be mid 12's on nitrous. He's getting a chip for christmas and hooking up a 75 shot of nitrous to it. I've helped him do pretty much everything so it's kinda like my second car. You should hear it. A couple of GT's wouldn't believe it was a 6 cylinder to he popped his hood. I'm kinda proud of that car.