HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Seat Belts

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Belts

Bought some new seats and the seat belts which are built in will not come out. Is there a trick to extract them. Thanks
Old 11-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The seatbelt locks need voltage.
Either the voltage locks them, or unlocks them. (can't remember which)

Check the connections.

phox
Old 11-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by phox_mulder
The seatbelt locks need voltage.
Either the voltage locks them, or unlocks them. (can't remember which)

Check the connections.
They need voltage to release. Mine are hooked into a control box under the middle seat. I had my center seat out and had unbolted the controler box and it was laying on the floor. Somehow it got flipped upside down and the sensor inside thought the truck was upside down, thus cutting off the voltage. Seatbelt would retract, but not come out till I turned the control box over. Maybe you can find someone with a shop manual and schematic to tell you which wires go to what. Local member Stamey was going through the same problem after installing newer model seats in one of his trucks. Send him a PM (click on his name in blue to go to his profile page) and see if he found the solution.

Good luck!
Old 11-27-2005, 07:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm still fighting mine. I put voltage to it. The pink wire is the hot one, and while the pass. seat comes out just fine, the driver's only come out 1/3 of the way and locks. When I pull the driver's out until it locks it also locks the passenger seat. I can't figure out of I have a problem in the seat or need to hook up more wires to the control until under the console.
If I bypass the control unit and put voltage straight to the orange wire on the driver's seat it will come out all the way. I don't want to use it this way because it bypasses the control unit which may save my butt one day. On top of this, the driver's seat has 3 wires, vs. the passenger's 2 wires. The additional wire on the driver's side is green, and when I cut it neither seat belt would work any more. I put it back together and am back where I started.
STILL looking for a wiring diagram for these 2001 seats.

Chris
Old 11-27-2005, 07:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Try resetting the truck by disconnecting the battery for an hour. Under curtain circumstances (like unplugging the seat belt power) the truck thinks its been in a roll over accident and you need to reset it.

Don't ask me how I know this.