HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Rethread was 0 boost at idle

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rethread was 0 boost at idle

I finally checked my intercooler for leaks, none found. Why can't i get over 23 psi boost?

could the comp be bad or the maps? i am not getting any codes. i did find one small pin ***** hole in 1 boot but more air is comeing out of the elbow bleed . i did'nt get to see what was regisrering on the boost gauge as i was holding my finger on the elbow listening for leaks.

soap bubbled everything and just the 1 small hardly any bubbles leak.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The elbow is normally completely closed off, to disable the wastegate. If your elbow has any leakage through it the wastgate will still operate, but slower.

Chris
Old 07-14-2005, 10:57 PM

Ok , is anyone useing the elbow from edge on a manual tranny? I just see all the boost everbody is getting and i'm not.

I know it takes fuel to create more boost. I am getting more fuel with the comp but not clouds of smoke. I can only get smoke when rapidly accelerating at low boost . it's just a trail of smoke till the turbo catches up.

Maybe i'm looking for something that isn't going to happen. Maybe i have a different definition of black cloud of smoke.

But should'nt i still see more boost with the edge elbow? It just seems there is something not adding up right.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:06 PM

If you have doubts if the boost elbow is not working just disable the wastegate. easiest way is to just put some vise grips on the boost line going to the waste gate or unhook it. With it disabled you should/will get as much boost for the fuel you have available.

Also, do you have a boost fooler?

I see you have the wire pierced? did you use the cheap inline crimper deal that came with it? I have heard that if you use that thing sometimes it won't really "pierce" the wire and you should take it off and either solder the wire into it or get some other type of conector. which may be why your not getting the smoke your looking for. Also make sure your box is grounded really really good
Old 07-15-2005, 10:46 PM

Yea i am useing the cheap connecter, but i do have the 12 volts. I will move the ground and try that. will also clamp the wasteate line and see if it changes the pressures. Thanks. Sometimes i forget to include that. Just overlook me couse i seem to be 2 busy most of the time.