HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

pryo install

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pryo install

I just got my juice this morning, and I am trying to install the pryo now, but where the directions show and where my drill and bit fit are two different locations. Do I need to take the manifold off and drill it at the union as shown in the directions, borrow/buy a right angle drill, or can the pryo tap be anywhere along the manifold?

Thanks,

James
Old 01-18-2006, 02:20 PM

I held off for quite a while due to my drill not being able to get in there as well.

I ended up putting the probe towards the front of the manifold - no problems here. I think most of the folks here will tell you that you'll get a hotter reading if you put the probe on the left side of the collector, but since I'm not going to be die-hard trouncing on my truck I feel pretty confident where it is.

So - I wouldn't/didn't worry about it.

Walt_Mink
Old 01-18-2006, 03:14 PM

I've got an older truck so didn't have a problum , but what you might want to think about is the metal chips that fall into the inside of the manifold , I do not know the #s who did what but some have taken it apart to keep from the chips going through the turbo , valves , cyclinders and what have you , so that could make you want to takeapart anyway , newer truck & all ,
I've done alot of this kind of stuff , with that and figuring on changing my turbo I thought give a try without taking anything apart , then used a magnet on a small hose to pull out the filings , the thing you need to know is if your going to mount probe els where than how much temp. diff. your going to have , if I had been under your hood it would be easyer to see what opptions there could be , but with the metal chips issue that mite be the clincher for teardown.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Registered

jsut dont break the bit. dad broke a drill bit off in a buddys truck. LOL we had to drop the turbo to get it out. Made a 5 minute install over 45 minutes.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:10 PM

I pulled the inner fenderwell and my 19volt dewalt fit in there... It is only like 6 or 7 screws and it comes out... you can lean on the tire and drill the hole..

Gerry
Old 01-18-2006, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by procrastinator
I just got my juice this morning, and I am trying to install the pryo now, but where the directions show and where my drill and bit fit are two different locations. Do I need to take the manifold off and drill it at the union as shown in the directions, borrow/buy a right angle drill, or can the pryo tap be anywhere along the manifold?

Thanks,

James
i'd love to know also, b/c i'm about to do mine here soon