HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

One thing after another, i think my truck needs to be "stolen!!!"

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing after another, i think my truck needs to be "stolen!!!"

ok, towing my boat, i started to hear the turbo pinging on the inside of the housing, so i'm thinking great a 4 month old turbo blow already, well i just wanted to get a little farther down the road to pull off where there was some room, then all of a sudden POOOOF loads of white smoke everywhere coming out of the exhaust and the hood etc, then a flame appeard out of the tail pipe (comforting). so i get it back to my shop, i pull the head, head gasket looks toasted, so i get the new gasket in and the head oringed and my studs on, along with the new turbo (argh!) and fire it up, takes a while to get fired, still runs like *** (prob cause air was in the lines) but before i could run it (it was on for about 2 min) a gigantic puddle of oil under it at least 3 quarts worth. The oil is on the passenger side only. After talking to John Isacs, we figured it would either be where the line re enters to the pan from the turbo drain tube, or the gasket in that alminum brakcet behind the oil filter. Any ideas? is this just me or bad luck? 1 thing after another!!!!!
Old 01-22-2005, 01:47 AM

I think you need to "STEAL IT" to my driveway.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:41 AM

is that an offer? come get it
Old 01-22-2005, 09:49 AM

LOL sometimes I feel like pushing mine off of a cliff too. My engine always runs perfectly. The rest of the truck is falling apart.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:23 PM

WE are Dodge. We have great engines and drive lines but our doors fall off alot
Clark
Old 01-22-2005, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bad luck you say.... I could tell you about bad luck, you don't have bad luck. Not yet anyway. Fix it, enjoy it and go on.

Bad luck is when you have a fine running engine, replace the thermostat, it takes out the engine, you rebuild it, don't check the thermostat because you just put a new one in, lose the rebuild in 950 miles, replace the engine with a long block, get gyped, it is a 53 block with the numbers ground off, it cracks in 6000 miles, so you change it again. Hmmmmm, did I mention that the first time the 53 block overheats, the crack is not obvious but it takes out the head gasket, so you change that. The new and really good new engine starts seeping from the head gasket so it has to be changed at 25,000 or so. And all this while you are trying to keep a one truck business going. No sir, you don't have bad luck yet....
Old 01-22-2005, 03:17 PM

HEHEHEHE...you sure have the luck, HID. Just like the little guy in Lil Abner
Old 01-22-2005, 10:15 PM

HID, this is just this week, and i took my truck into the shop this week, so i guess i'll find out how big my butt will be after this reaming on tues.... argh! but i know what you are saying, that sucks about all those motors. reminds me of a twin turbo 96 mustang gt i had, sunk about 20k in it before i decided to just kiss it good bye
Old 01-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Banned

I am feelin all your pain. Aside from the full-time military that includes alot of travel in my own truck, that they pay mileage on, I also have a 1 truck trailer rental business and a little hauling on the side. At this moment I don't have any 5th gear, driver side wheel is trying to fall off from a bad lower ball joint and bearings, no defroster/heater fan, and for some still unknown reason a serious lack of power when loaded. Oh, and don't let me forget the Comp Box that I'm scared to turn on because sometimes it works great and other time it jacks the whole truck up and I have to shut the truck off and restart it with the box off. I'll quit whining now.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:52 PM

lol i dont mind problems that are fixable, i hate those mystery problems that you cant seem to solve, and just eat up tons of time, so i took my truck in to cummins hopefully they can solve it. I am just used to problems haveing a chain of events or a protocol which has a sequence of events that caused all them to fail, in this case i cant think of what it is. im guessing its either where the filter mounts some how got damaged and is spraying from that radiator type unit, or from where the turbo drains into the engine but i guess i'll know on monday.