HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Need ride from Wichita KS to ? OK!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need ride from Wichita KS to ? OK!!!!!

Hey fellow DTR members. Since the OKC airport is frozen over and will be 'til Monday..so they say..I have had to divert my final flight back home tommorrow to Wichita, Kansas. I really don't want my wife out on the slick roads to come get me so I thought I'd ask:

Is there any honest Diesel fanatics out there that will be traveling to anywhere south on I-35 after lunch on Saturday (tommorrow) that wouldn't mind picking me up at the airport and dropping me off around the Stillwater exit...or anywhere south of the boarder for that matter? My folks live in Blackwell, so that would be nice to. It is only 15 miles south of Ks.

I would be so in debt to you! I ain't gonna have any cash on me so don't think you can rob me either!!!

This is kind of a wierd request for me and wouldn't usually trust a complete stranger....but anything is better than my pregnant wife on the slick roads in a truck with 400+ ponies!!!!!

Any yes....you have the right to tease me the entire trip about the Kansas Jayhawks absolutely kicking the dog crap out of my OSU Cowboys the other night in B-Ball.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Banned

Does anyone in Wichita know if the airport has ice and will be open tommorrow or not? Any word would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Banned

Never mind. I'll walk home.

If you see me walkin'....just stop and warm up my thumb...it may be frozen. At least I brought my huntin' coat with me. Maybe I can ambush a deer on the side of the road and get a hot meal. I have 8 cigarrettes left...that ought to get me by!

I know Cin would pick me up! She has been really nice to me lately!
Old 01-12-2007, 09:39 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Right now, Wichita is reporting VFR with 10 miles vis, ceiling of 3400ft.

forcast is for 1 inch of snow/sleet with a 80 % chance. Windchill for Sat is forcasted a minus 1.

Data is from the IPILOT wx service.

HTH.

Ed
Old 01-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4x4dually
Never mind. I'll walk home.
Wish I could help, but I'm not heading west this weekend. If you are still there next weekend we will be heading to Medford to hunt...
Old 01-13-2007, 01:41 AM

If I was on the way to Waynoka I'd hook you up. However, that won't be til April or so. Blackwell is even my exit.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:51 AM

Still need that ride??? Sent you a pm....
Old 01-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

4x4, Of course we would if we were out that way.I hope you get home soon. Be safe!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Banned

To all,

Thanks! I made it home. I snuck into Wichita on the first flight that wasn't cancelled and the drive back home wasn't too bad...at least not in this 4x4 beast. I feel sorry for those little Hondas! I sure am glad I'm not stuck 1500 miles from home.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:03 PM

Thanks for the update that you made it home. Knowing the people on this site if there was anyone that could have made the trip they would have done it.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you made it home safe!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dssimecek
Thanks for the update that you made it home. Knowing the people on this site if there was anyone that could have made the trip they would have done it.
Ya. I figured I could trust a few on here with my life! Actually, there was girl from Ponca City that flew in on the same flight as I did that was on leave from Iraq (Army). I told her that I'd be glad to let her ride with us to Blackwell and her parents would only have to drive 20 miles instead of 100 on the ice, but I think her parents wanted to see her too bad..I don't blame them. As it ended up, I almost helped someone else out. It was the least I could offer for her part in protecting our freedom.

And another thing, these weather men in OK need to be forced to go live in Montana for at least a year before being allowed to cover an ice storm. What a bunch of sissys. They made it out to be the end of the world. Granted not everyone has a big ol' truck and can manage to actually get some where in the storm without hitting every curb on the road...but my gosh. And one of them actually said "four wheel drive does not help on the ice"....I'd like to kick him in the jiblettes. What a moron. I know some believe this but they are plainly smoking crack....just my humble opinion of course...
Old 01-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4x4dually
And another thing, these weather men in OK need to be forced to go live in Montana for at least a year before being allowed to cover an ice storm. What a bunch of sissys. They made it out to be the end of the world. Granted not everyone has a big ol' truck and can manage to actually get some where in the storm without hitting every curb on the road...but my gosh. And one of them actually said "four wheel drive does not help on the ice"....I'd like to kick him in the jiblettes. What a moron. I know some believe this but they are plainly smoking crack....just my humble opinion of course...
I'll help you load em up. Yeah a 4x4 doesn't make it like the ice aint there, but it sure as heck helps. I got around fine all weekend, just a little slower. And I am about to need tires on the back. For some reason they wore quicker than the fronts
Old 01-16-2007, 01:07 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we didnt get hit near as hard as they were forecasting... think the front went a little further east than expected.. glad ya made it home OK..
Old 01-16-2007, 01:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, in Colorado the news folks keep screaming "Deadly dangerous wind chill! Deadly winter cold (of -7F)!". And this is in the same coverage where they just showed this air come from AK where it is showing -35, -47F. If Alaskans could hear it they would do this Granted it is not hot, but it is not the end of the world for sure.
-P

Quick Reply: Need ride from Wichita KS to ? OK!!!!!