HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

need to know for sure that my BullyDog downloader is removed!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need to know for sure that my BullyDog downloader is removed!!

Hello, I'm new here and figured you guys would be a good source of solid info. I need to know that my Bully Dog downloader is successfully removed from my trucks' computer, reason being is that it has to go to the dealership for a severe blow-by problem that's occured in the last few months. A friend of mine had the exact same problem only, his truck was off warranty so, $14'000 later he walked out with a new engine (pretty much). I've talked to tech support at Bully Dog and was walked through the steps of removal, but was kinda worried still if there's a way the dealership could find out I was running a "chip" and get me to foot the bill. The actual problem is that I'm getting lots of smoke out the crankcase breather tube at idle in cold weather, and the truck also idles very roughly, it's burning about half a quart every 1250 miles, but it drips little spots of oil alot of the time, leading me to believe the lost oil is getting displaced by unburnt diesel.?? Any and all help is appreciated.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Always a day late, and a dollar short.

The ecm stores data no matter what. If they wanted to, they can look at performance data and see if it's within specs.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by pipeliner01
Hello, I'm new here and figured you guys would be a good source of solid info. I need to know that my Bully Dog downloader is successfully removed from my trucks' computer, reason being is that it has to go to the dealership for a severe blow-by problem that's occured in the last few months. A friend of mine had the exact same problem only, his truck was off warranty so, $14'000 later he walked out with a new engine (pretty much). I've talked to tech support at Bully Dog and was walked through the steps of removal, but was kinda worried still if there's a way the dealership could find out I was running a "chip" and get me to foot the bill. The actual problem is that I'm getting lots of smoke out the crankcase breather tube at idle in cold weather, and the truck also idles very roughly, it's burning about half a quart every 1250 miles, but it drips little spots of oil alot of the time, leading me to believe the lost oil is getting displaced by unburnt diesel.?? Any and all help is appreciated.
Nice...............first post and you want help to defraud Dodge
Old 04-13-2008, 03:42 PM

They need it!
Old 04-13-2008, 09:05 PM

Easiest thing for the dealership to look at is ignition cycles. Bully Dog resets those to 0, so the dealership will see, say 10 ignition cycles instead of the 2000 or 3000 they should. And there is alot of talk on this website about the warranty issue with the programmers, just to let you know, you are not going to get many to support you in your quest to have Dodge cover the warranty on this. Kinda like buying a ladder rated for 200 lbs and consistently using it with 300 lbs, and when the ladder fails expecting the manufacturer to cover it.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:51 PM

the reason I was asking the question here was because, initially when I first tried out a Bully Dog it was at a Dodge dealership that was selling them and installing them. Due to time constraints I didn't buy the chip from that dealership, but was told by a service manager at another place that some dealerships would honour warranty repairs if the chip didn't cause them (i.e-blown head gaskets and broken drive shafts) but certain dealerships would just refuse any warranty work. It seems to be quite a grey area in my neck of the woods.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:01 PM

I would see if they are still doing it. If they are, must be an authorized install from DC, and shouldn't have warranty issues. If not, they got their things in a ringer.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by pipeliner01
Due to time constraints I didn't buy the chip from that dealership.
I'm sorry, but when it comes to warranty or a programmer there is no such thing as time constraints, a chip can be bought whenever but a warranty can't just be overlooked
Old 04-20-2008, 08:41 PM

im just curious how things went with bully dogs customer service cause they sucked for me and failed to help me