HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Need info about sliding stock plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need info about sliding stock plate

Ok, im sitting here with the tools in my hand and the procedure in my head, but lack some details. I want to slide my plate forward. It has some type of banks pack on it and it has a big head WG. I guess i need to increase boost if im gonna slide the plate. How should i go about determining what has aready been done for increasing the boost? Right now i can hit 25-27psi at WOT. It might already have an aftermarket plate in it for all i know, since it has a Banks WG. Here's what i know came with the banks pack: 3.5" cat back exh(now straight pipe)., Egt,Bst, Gauges, Big head WG. After that, im not sure, my guess is a plate.
Also, do i have to adjust some type of arm that rides the plate if i slide the plate forward? Im new, i dont know what to do!!!! Hahaha, Anybody help? I want to make this friday interesting! TIA -Jake
Old 04-02-2004, 08:22 PM

Pretty much all you need to do is get to the plate and slide it. Just slide it about .040 or so and try it. If you go too far you will loose a slight amount of power. I had mine full forward and then slid it back a little and it performs better (at least it feels like it). My pyrometer didn't change much either. You should also slide the AFC forward. That will bring on the fuel a little earlier too.
Tom
Old 04-04-2004, 12:22 AM

Here check this out, http://www.tstproducts.com/power_install.html It tells you exactly what to do. As for as the plate goes you should see some numbers on it and this will tell you if it is stock or not. It really isn't that hard, I did it a couple of times on a 97 I had just playing around with it to see what would happen. There is supposed to be a tamper proof screw in the AFC housing, so if there isn't one there it probably has a different plate. I have also found that if you slide that plate all the way forward and then back just a little it seems to feel like the most power. Good luck
dave
Old 04-04-2004, 08:40 AM

As far as identifying the plate, i noticed that my stock plate was a 2 piece design with 2? rivets or pins holding it together. while my tst plate is a one piece design with no rivets.