HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Need accessory pully

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need accessory pully

I tried this in another post with no results. One or two members have added compressors and whatnot driven off the alternator. They used a pully that attached under the alternator nut. I need one of these pullies, but have not been able to find a source.

I no longer have a vacuum pump and have to add one from a Ford IDI and drive it from the alternator to operate the air conditioner and cruise.

Unless someone knows of a small electric pump.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:16 PM
RCW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cummins carries the pulley for the motorhome and medium truck versions of this engine that have air brakes. It bolts on with the bolts that hold the damper to the front of the crankshaft.

If you have a problem with the Cummins parts guy finding the part number, shoot me a PM and I will pop a CPL for them to look it up under.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:11 PM

Originally posted by RCW
Cummins carries the pulley for the motorhome and medium truck versions of this engine that have air brakes. It bolts on with the bolts that hold the damper to the front of the crankshaft.

If you have a problem with the Cummins parts guy finding the part number, shoot me a PM and I will pop a CPL for them to look it up under.
Thanks for the info, I did not realize that Cummins made one for the crank. I have a commercial CPL and should be able to find a part number. I'll have to look at the possibilites of brackets for a crank mounted belt.

Everything I can find in a vacuum pump is in the size for brakes and all I need is the heater. The Ford unit should be just right. Still wish I could find a small electric unit, would be easier.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:05 PM

think I found it

Ok guys, think I found it. I came up with a combo pulley from On Board Air. Think that is what is used. Should work anyway.