HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

To Much Oil But Leaking Oil?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes wreed they do, and DC should be bending over to help those folks who deserve it. They should not be having to fight over warranty claims with folks who burn up or damage their motors and then lie about it.
Look at triton and cquestad, both just lost motors this past week. they arent spending days ripping off twins and aftermarket sticks to have it towed to the dealer. They are honorable, posting problems here and fixing it on their dime, cause they played, not they are being good fellas and taking care of it.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:11 PM

obviously this gentleman did not have the level of mods tritont or cquestad had?
i agree twins, studs, etc no warranty. a simple banks ecm tune and your injectors quit!, warranty work cause they were gonna fail anyway.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:15 PM

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...24#post1557024

good example ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 06-17-2007, 04:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
yes they will check the key cycle. and catch you with it.
but the six gun is not a programmer is it? programmers mess with keycycles(except smarty) and they will see that.
they will have a very tough time finding evidence of a module or box if you have removed evidence of the install. dont leave any velcro, tape residue, zip ties, wire connectors, etc.
but, and you've probably heard this before, you play, you pay. removing all the performance mods and returning to the dealer to get them to pay for it is just wrong. that is one of the reasons trucks cost $40k.

I have to disagree. You have no proof and do not know with out a doubt that the six gun caused the problem. They could have just been bad injectors. I could understand if every other day someone with a Banks product was posting something about loosing and injector. This is also not the reason our pickups cost 40K. Our pickups cost 40K because of greed.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by johnh
do you think the dealer put bad injectors in????
Two of the connector tubes were not torqued right and one had a solenoid go bad was only flowing 22 percent so you tell me
Old 06-18-2007, 04:09 PM

The dealer just called.
She says we opened her up and the inectors are not bad they are just dirty we will flush them.
I said how can dirty injectors make the low pressure oil light come on and add fuel to the oil and she said I'm not sure I will get the diesel tech to call you good-bye.

Make any sense?
Old 06-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Banned

nope. go get a sample of your fuel now and hold on to it. they might try to stick you with the contaminated fuel excuse. thats horse poo

brett
Old 06-18-2007, 04:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You have a crankcase full of diesel. Ask them how they are going to handle warrantying and installing a new motor in a few weeks when all the bearings sieze and the turbo grenades amongst other things. I would demand that if they claim dirty injectors that they put that in writing and that their "Cleaning" will guarantee to correct the problem. Oh buy the way how are they explaining the crankcase full of diesel?

Think that I would pay to have it towed to another dealer rapidly, one htat has a diesel mechanic.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:22 PM

I just came from the dealer.
they say that they changed the oil before letting the diesel tech look at it. So I asked the tech have you been under the truck yet he said yeah I said can't you smell the diesel? he said no. I said let's go look at the truck so we walk out to where the truck is on the lift and I ask him to swipe his finger across the frame rail do he does, you tell me you can't smell the diesel. he says it's a faint smell. Does that make sense? He said i'm not sure what that means. I asked why would the low oil pressure light come on? He said he drove it and it never came on I said well thats because the oil is not diluted any more.
Well they say the leaking oil came from rear main seal which they say they are going to change tomorrow then they well test drive it some more to see if they can get fuel to mix with the oil. I said well any damage that occurs when you are test driving it is on YOU!!

I'm not sure what to do now.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Simple statement:

FIND A DEALERSHIP THAT HAS A GOOD DIESEL MECHANIC!!!!!!!

If you let them change the rear main seal so be it. That will not fix the problem.
The fuel/oil mix is coming out the overflow tube at the rear of the engine. Before letting them change the seal, have the tech drive the truck for 10 miles. Let them use it for a parts chaser. Tell them to use some throttle, not a lot but some. Have them bring it back into the shop after 10 miles and check the oil. Or better yet you take it out before they start "fixing" it and have them note millage, then drive it for 10 miles, if you don't run out of fuel first, then take it back and have them check the oil.

IT WILL BE OVER FULL!!!!!!!IT WILL BE FULL OF DIESEL FUEL AND OIL MIX!!!!!

THAT WILL DEFINATLY POINT TO ONE (OR MANY) BAD INJECTOR(S). HAVE THEM CHANGE THEM.

PROBLEM SOLVED.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:36 AM

i work on diesels for a living.and thats just stupid you never change the oil before you dig the problem.we run dye in the fuel from a bucket and then we run it threw your head back into the bucket that way you don;t containt the fuel in the tank.and you use a black light and you will see what injector that is leaking.seems like there not to smart the rear seal is proably leaking dsue to the exsessive fuel in oil was over the seal.what dealer did you use????? I live in houston.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:44 AM

I don't want to release the dealer's name until it's fixed.
Better safe then sorry.
I well tell you who it's NOT Roger's, Clear Lake and Weisner.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by WHITE3500DUALLY
I don't want to release the dealer's name until it's fixed.
Better safe then sorry.
I well tell you who it's NOT Roger's, Clear Lake and Weisner.
well you should ask them if they ran dye threw the fuel to determine which one was leaking.if its leaking as bad as you said then it won'tbe hard to find.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:50 PM

Update

I just called the dealer they say they test drove it and yes there is now fuel in the oil. They say they tested the injectors and two are bad. They say they ordered the injetors and should be in tomorrow.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Banned

im glad they are fixing it for you. what a pain though. i didnt think it was dirty injectors. atlease your getting an oil change out of the deal

brett

Quick Reply: To Much Oil But Leaking Oil?????