HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Misfiring, Smoke and Oil Leakin!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Misfiring, Smoke and Oil Leakin!

On my way to PA for the honeymoon I get about half way there and the exhaust sounded funny on aceleration...enough that the wife noticed(not good). Pulled over and noticed at idle it was smoking from the stacks pretty good. Checked the oil and it was on the lower safe line and smelled ok. I figured a Injector was going at this time. Got another 15miles up the road and the smoke was enough to flood the road out behind me. Like Low Boost Smoke on the Hot Juice Level! I pull in a parking lot and she was misfiring horribly and shut off on me. After a few cranks She fired back up, misfiring BAD. I decide to make a run for the last 5 miles to our hotel. After the longest 5 miles EVER, We get there, I shut her down and jump out, and I had oil pouring from the front of the engine, popped the hood and the fan sprayed it all over the engine compartment and the entire undercarriage of the truck. I'd say I had 2qt on the ground and proably lost 1qt coming down the road. She I had her towed home....

Between My buddy and I, We beleive the oil came from the crank case breather and hit the fan and made a mess. We can't figure out why the oil came out. The oil was higher on the stick then 20miles earlier, but mabye only 1 qt. But then again I did lose some on the highway and in the parking lot. We started the truck and begain to crack open lines going to the injectors and all was fine until we hit #3 Cylinder. The other would stumble the engine and it would fall on its face. #3 didn't do a thing, no change. So we are we are pretty sure the Injector is Gone.

My question to yall is......Are we on the right path? Anyone else had a issue like this? Or Could there be another problem?

Thanks guys for your time!
Rick
Old 12-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Sounds like you have an injector dumping fuel in.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok first of all you got your buddy with ya on your honeymoon ???? oh never mind ! i don't want to ruin your honeymoon but check the head gasket at the front of the motor ! one of the ones i popped was pouring right out the front of the head and made a wonderful mess of my engine compartment. i thought it was a front seal until i checked it .as for what caused the thing to pop ? if it did ??? thats another issue.