HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Magic Word

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magic Word

What is the "magic word" I need to get the dealer to look at my steering problem? It wanders. I took it in about a month ago complaining about that. They gave me some specs to have it aligned to. The alignment shop checked it and it wasn't too far off. They actually set it and didn't charge! I then rotated the tires and still have the problem. Do any of you have suggested terms that will get them to do something? Also, I imagine air conditioning parts would be covered.? I bought the truck used in the fall and haven't used the A/C until now. It doesn't get very cold. A two year old truck shouldn't need a recharge already, should it? Thanks for any replies, 36k will be up in 3.5k miles.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:37 AM

Re:Magic Word

its a common problem and y i got rid of my truck. check the track bar. and steering box. the only thing i can suggest is try to be as nice as possible at the dealer. like i said this is a common problem so they probably are so use to it unless it is very bad wander they will say it is normal. also check the search and see what u come up one of the aftermarket companies had a idler assembly that was supposed to take care of the probblem cant remember which one though.
Dan
Old 05-06-2003, 10:33 AM

Re:Magic Word

I would concur with the track bar as the likely culprit. As far as the magic word it seems like every dealer is different. I just had a real pleasant experience. Noticed corroding of left front wheel and took it in. Shop foreman came out and looked at it immediately and noticed brake caliper was leaking. Recognizing it wasa safety issue they had the part overnighted, had me in first thing next morning with a rental car ready and waiting even though they only needed the truck two hours. And they are replacing the wheel too. All under warranty.<br>As far as your ac, if it needs a recharge, it has a leak. Condensers are a common item on our trucks, had one replaced on my 95 a few years ago.<br>Good luck<br>Tim<br>