HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

lifter pump? need help wont start

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lifter pump? need help wont start

hey guys this weekend i had some trouble with my truck i drove it for about an hour ride and when i came out of the place i was in it wouldent start. Cranked it for about an hour in intervals and then it started and went all the way home and it died right as i pulled into my driveway and wont start again...when it was running it the rpms were lbouncing up and down at idle too...i took off the fule filter and there was so fuel in it would that mean its the pump is there anything else from there to the tank it could be i dont know too much about these motors its a 1999 2500
Old 10-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the DTR!
Where ya from? Go to the User CP above left and fill in your signature and location.
Sounds like your LP (Lift Pump) took a dirt nap on ya. Get a pressure gauge and check it. Hopefully you didn't fry your VP44.
If you got no pressure you need to either get a new LP (waste of money) or upgrade to a better after market pump.
Check out Vulcan performance for the options they have, there are many other vendors with lots of great products for you to choose from.
Find your local chapter and join it. We are all here to help.