HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

isspro e.v. pyro hissing sound/feedback

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
isspro e.v. pyro hissing sound/feedback

new isspro e.v. seems to work fine, except for a couple of things. with the engine cold, i turn on the key, and it automatically starts humming and registers 250* or so. the little green box underneath (relay) is where the hissing/humming sound comes from.<br><br>i just replaced it with a new setup (under warranty) and the new one started doing the same thing as soon as i drove it. the wiring is perfect, and it doesn't seem to be the gauge itself. <br><br>anyone else running the ev style isspro pyro? why am i getting the,, i guess,, electrical feedback? anyone elses make noise???<br><br> thanks,<br><br>Clay
Old 03-15-2003, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re:isspro e.v. pyro hissing sound/feedback

Do you have the pyro hard wired straight to your battery or do you have it tied into your ignition switch or another electrical source?
Old 03-15-2003, 03:34 PM

the hot lead is wired into the junction box to an engine/ignition fuse-ienly when the key is turned toward the engine. i switched wiring locations from the cig lighter, cause with the key turned backwards to power the radio would also power the gauge and make it read 300* and the relay box hum/hiss.--or better yet- a high pitched squeal that continues to ring in your head after you get out of the pickup. :
Old 03-15-2003, 07:10 PM

Hi Clay,

I had the same problem. I must have gone through 10 different control boxes and they were all the same(ear piercing high pitched noise). The shop I bought it from ordered a &quot;special&quot; fixed box just for me from Isspro. When I got there and plugged it in it was the same as all the other ones. At that point I just installed the box in the engine compartment and forgot all about it. You just have to be careful when washing the engine. Mine worked perfectly fine except for the noise. Isspro blamed it on a transistor. They said that durability was not affected.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:28 PM

Clay- I've been running one for a while now and mine doesn't make any noise. I would send it back again [undecided]
Old 03-16-2003, 09:39 AM

maybe it's a good time to go with an autometer. sure wish i'd known this before i ordered all three gauges.<br><br>thanks for the replies.<br><br>Clay
Old 03-16-2003, 10:58 AM

I installed Isspro pyro on my '96 and did not have a problem. Everything is working fine.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:46 AM

I've installed a couple of the ISSPRO EV pyro's and they don't hiss or read till you start the engine. Are you sure it's wired right?? and have a good ground?? They check for proper operation before they leave the factory.<br>I get power from the fuse box and ground right to the mounting screws. Make sure your lead wire connections aren't touching anywhere.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:25 AM

My pyro amp screams too. Talked with Rod and he is having another one shipped out to me. He indicated I am not the only one that has had this. He asked the person at ISSPRO to test the replacement unit. I'll let you know after I get it and get it installed.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Same here.....another shining example of Wildcat Diesel Performance and Rod's outstanding Customer Service. ;D
Old 03-17-2003, 11:30 AM

please keep me posted. i used diesel injection service out of texas. great prices, good customer service. we'll see how they do on the next one. don't like the idea of mismatched gauges very well.<br><br>Clay
Old 03-21-2003, 10:46 PM

update: talked to isspro yet again, got more info this time. a tech admitted the hissing problem is common in the green box, and they are working on a fix that should be released in about 60 days. <br><br>still say the gauge feedback reading 250-300* is uncommon. i strongly beleive it goes hand in hand with hi high pitched, shrill whine.<br><br>he said they (hissing ev. pyrometers) would be covered by warranty, and they would deal directly with the customer when the new improved style is released.<br><br>wanted to let you know.<br><br>Clay
Old 03-21-2003, 10:53 PM

I am on my second amp box and it also &quot;screams&quot;. My second box was sent to me by Doug in tech support @ Isspro. He said the box that he sent me had been tested and revised to not &quot;scream&quot;. It was no different than my original one. I just gave up and have sort of learned to live with it since I love the look of the gauges so much. :'( :'(
When then do come out with a PROVEN true fix, I will do swap-out #3.
Please post when you get a &quot;quiet&quot; box, and I will request one of them from Isspro! ;D ;D