HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

intermitten no crank

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
intermitten no crank

went to leave the yard , no crank very faint click, all the lights worked but it acted like the batteries were dead, charged then up cleaned the terminals still no crank. crawled under and starter treminals looked bad so cleaned them , fired up. driving down the road at 65 decided to check and see if it would crank shoved in clutch found neutral shut it off waited a few seconds no crank. got it back up to speed tried again--nope nothing. ****. drove it all day without shutting it off got home shut it off, started right up. unloaded the trailer, no crank, ****. found out i could turn the key to start position rapidly and it would intermittenly engauge starter got it started again and mover the truck into the shop and on to my hoist, ain't crawling under the b#$%^&d again, walked away and ain't looked at it since ( bad temper) any ideas guys? some of the other NO CRANK posts said check batteries , or replace starter, will try that later today when i'm in a better mood but would still appreciate any suggestions.
Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Obviously check battery connections, grounds etc Unsure of your vehicle year however the starter contacts have been an issue for many on the 1st and 2nd gen trucks. Hard to beat the oem starters in those trucks. If you do find it to be the starter I would look here for parts. They individual parts all the way to complete rebuild kits and are well thought of in the ram community
. https://fostertruck.com/collections/all