HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Fuel station had gasoline in the diesel fuel, what do I do legally????

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel station had gasoline in the diesel fuel, what do I do legally????

I was driving back from a race weekend and stopped on my way home to fill up the tank with Diesel. I know we used the green pump labeled diesel without a doubt because we had to completely loop around to get to the diesel pump. I had another two hours to drive home, I brought the truck to the dealer and he just called me to tell me where they are at so far. 2k is the minimum bill.

A buddy I was traveling with filled the tank so i'm waiting on him to give me the particulars about the station. What do I do so that I don't have to pay for their error? Has anyone ever heard about something like this?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a small claims court deal, do throe due diligence asap, if it's worth it to you, any and all employee statements, audio, pics and or video, witness, anything and everything,, and put their feet to the fire.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Soot For Brains!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well first you got to find the fuel station, second see how long back they record with their camera and last lets hope you have the fuel reciept from that station... Thats what you deff need to have to fight this in court. Also how far down the road did you get with a tank of gas????? Even tho you pulled over to the green nozzle doesnt mean your buddy stuck the right nozzle in..accidents do happen when people are only use to gasoline vehicles..
Old 06-16-2010, 01:47 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Why not simply speak to the station owner first. If there is a problem, they may have already had several complaints and stand behind their customers.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by torquefan
Why not simply speak to the station owner first. If there is a problem, they may have already had several complaints and stand behind their customers.
Excellent suggestion. Everyone makes mistakes. A person, or business, has the right to correct a mistake. Given the opportunity, some people take the high road and accept their personal responsibility. Hopefully this gas station will do the right thing.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:44 PM

Sale thing happend to me in Bastrop, Tx. They said there diésel wadnt contaminated...took sample...gave paperwork to sherriff and reported it. Station covered all charges at Benny Boyd dealer.