HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Friend needs help. wont start!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friend needs help. wont start!

I have a friend that is in MI that needs help asap! He just finished installing his FP gauge and now the truck wont start. From what I gathered from talking to him over the phone, his lift pump is VERY weak, as it barely pumps fuel out when you lift the prime handle on the fuel filter canister. he cant get it to blead the air out at the test port or any injector lines. If any of you are near him with a spare lift pump laying around he would greatly appreciate it. He is currently in Gladstone MI. you can reach him at 1-920-410-9890. His name is Justin. He lives about 3 hours away from where he is at right now, so that is the big push to fix this asap! if you have any ideas or wouldnt mine throwing some ideas his way, please give him a call. I dont think he has signed up here yet, but I have been eggin him to join up as he just got the truck.

FYI, its a 2002 CTD 24v HO 6spd truck with ~170k on the ticker.

Help a guy out please!!!

-Matt
Old 10-01-2005, 05:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I had the same problem he has, today infact too! I was installing a FP guage and afterwards could not prime the injection pump, i could feel my LP run, but could not hear when i bumped the starter, and no fuel came out either. I had to ride my bicycle down to the auto parts store to get a LP and replace it, its runnin' now. So if he knows its the LP then all he has to do is replace it. Its kind of a pain, but not to difficult. Its as simple as taking the old one off and putting the new one on. Just takes a little time. If he needs advice in changing it us guys here can assist. Good luck!

Or tell him to call me @ 1-574-903-1714

-Andy
Old 10-01-2005, 06:43 PM

is there a generic pump that will work? local shops around him that are open still say they dont have the OEM style, but I know this is a carter pump, what will work? if there is a generic part number, can you please post it up?!
Old 10-01-2005, 08:41 PM

THANKS GUYS.... he got it going by presurizing the tank!