HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

fass install test drive problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fass install test drive problem

hey all just a question...I installed my fass 95 w/ filters today and when I took it for its first run about .5 miles up the road I was cruising along at 35 and my foot was on the go pedal (not gas pedal ) and it just went down to idle i think and also my check engine light turned on all instantly. theeeeeeen when i got home there was fuel dripping from my tank wish i knew what it was. i checked my fuel line to pump and it seemed like it was on there... the quick disconnect clip it comes with is kind of funny maybe i didn’t clip it on right.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:29 PM

Sounds like you know the first place to start, recheck all the fuel lines you touched and make sure they are tight and not leaking, also check for codes, your 99 doesn't have the key trick but when you get it running take it to auto zone or the like and have it scanned. Sounds like you put a FASS system to help the fuel system from a failing or failed LP could be a bad IP now, hope not.

Good luck.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:46 PM

will the code tell me if its a bad ip or not??
Old 07-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just hope you don't get the 0216 or 1688. You may get others, but those are the two you don't want to get......VP.

The clippy on top of the tank can be a little touchy...be sure it's on the right and tight.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by mkeanglorldo56
hey all just a question...I installed my fass 95 w/ filters today and when I took it for its first run about .5 miles up the road I was cruising along at 35 and my foot was on the go pedal (not gas pedal ) and it just went down to idle i think and also my check engine light turned on all instantly. theeeeeeen when i got home there was fuel dripping from my tank wish i knew what it was. i checked my fuel line to pump and it seemed like it was on there... the quick disconnect clip it comes with is kind of funny maybe i didn’t clip it on right.
I am betting you didnt drain your stock fuel filter when you unhooked your line at the tank. When you hammered on it, the fuel drained back into the supply line and emptied on top of the tank. Drain your stock filter, spray you tank down with brake clean and you should be golden......

Dont have a clue on what code you could have set......i would pull em and then we will go from there...im out until monday guys......been a long week.....
Old 07-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
I am betting you didnt drain your stock fuel filter when you unhooked your line at the tank. When you hammered on it, the fuel drained back into the supply line and emptied on top of the tank. Drain your stock filter, spray you tank down with brake clean and you should be golden......
Ooops, I forgot about that, but now remember it well.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:04 PM

so i finally got all the fittings for the fp gauge and started the truck up...of course the check engine light turned off when i started it...so the gauge read about 12 psi when it was idling. with that showing i decided to take it for a spin again and i got about 1000 feet from my driveway and i got the dead pedal again and the engine light came on...grrrrr....but my gauge still showed like 13 or 14 so i kept knocking the pedal and kicked alive again so the entire way to autozone it was like that. got the light check out and the code was pst 567 it said it was a sensor for the go pedal...its like not even related to this fuel stuff at all....but WHY would this happen right after i installed this fass!! so confusing.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by mkeanglorldo56
so i finally got all the fittings for the fp gauge and started the truck up...of course the check engine light turned off when i started it...so the gauge read about 12 psi when it was idling. with that showing i decided to take it for a spin again and i got about 1000 feet from my driveway and i got the dead pedal again and the engine light came on...grrrrr....but my gauge still showed like 13 or 14 so i kept knocking the pedal and kicked alive again so the entire way to autozone it was like that. got the light check out and the code was pst 567 it said it was a sensor for the go pedal...its like not even related to this fuel stuff at all....but WHY would this happen right after i installed this fass!! so confusing.
Man....that one i still don’t even have an explanation for...might suggest checking the connector at the APPS. The FASS has nothing to do at all with that circuit....did you mess with any wires up in that area? Pull a plug? Anything? Did ya make fun of someone that had a bad APPS? Is your name Earl?

Seriously though....recheck all you connections at the VP and the APPS. We have had some FASS installs push VP's over the edge because of the solid fuel pressure on a weak pump....BUT lets keep our eyes on the APPS for now....
Old 08-07-2007, 11:43 PM

whats an APPS
Old 08-07-2007, 11:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
APPS = Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor

This takes the input from the go pedal and converts it to an electrical signal readable by the ECM. Are you sure they said the code was 567? I don't see a 567 in the service manual.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:49 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor
Some call it a TPS throttle position sensor
and the dealer sells it as a bellcrank!