HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

fass hpfp ??'s diesel-dan on here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation fass hpfp ??'s diesel-dan on here?

am installing a FASS HPFP right now. wondering about where to mount it. in the manual it seems to show one of the frame rails. however, the shop i got it from suggested using the cross member at the front of the bed/over the tank. it will mount nicely on there right above the driveline, but the exhaust/muffler is only a foot or so away.

my questions:

is heat an issue to worry about with these pumps, and would that potentially be to close to a heat source (the muffler)?

in the instructions it says the "T" port on the pump must face the rear of the truck. i know the small hole has to face the ground. is it important which way the "T" port faces, as long as its hooked up correctly?

thanks for anyones help and suggestions.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:34 AM

snow,

I don't think the FASS will have an issue with potential exhaust heat. I just had a quick look and if there was enough room to work I might have considered that spot as well. It's tucked up out of the way for sure.

The only down side I see right away is maintenance. You will have to crawl under her to draw off water and change out the filter. With the rail mount it's right there for you.

As long as the "T" fitting faces the tank reasonably and does not result in a sharp line bend/kink, (and it probably will if you don't use some sort of rigid elbow/line or extend it for a long gentle sweep) I would think it doesn't really matter. Of course the same would apply to the lines on the other ports.

Just curious, are you planning to leave the stock filter in line? I did just for the WIF sensor and heater.

It's a great product, you'll be very happy with F/P and peace of mind.

Have fun.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:50 AM

thanks for the reply taz, havent had much activity on this post. im headed out right now to finish it up.

yeah, its up outta the way there. i actually pulled the bed off last nite to get at everything real easy, drill holes, route lines, etc. yeah, i'll have to keep the bends pretty gentle. dont want any kinks. but that will also leave me enuff room to change out that in line filter. problem with the frame rail is i have brake lines, factory fuel lines, and a bunch of electrical all on there already. not much room to mount the pump. opposite rail is empty, but have to cross over drive line and exhaust to get there....

yes, am leaving the stock filter on. cant wait to get it all back together and check my new FP #'s...

BTW, this site is awesome. so much good info. thanks for your help
Old 10-02-2006, 10:57 AM

The "T" port doesnt make a diff which way it points. As long as you do not kink the line and the weep hole is pointed down. Being a foot from the exhaust should be ok. I dont see this being much of an issue here.

The HPFP actually mounts to the bed supports. Here is a link to the instruction on our web site.....has color photos.

Sorry it took me a bit to get on here....i am still working on internet at my house.....