HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Electrical issues, no a/c blowing

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical issues, no a/c blowing

two electrical issues ailing my truck.

The first one I have been dealing with since I bought it (3 months) usually I cant roll up my passenger window from the drivers side, it just shorts and the lights dim. If you hold it down, it blows the fuse for the ignition in the box under the hood.....

Second problem started yesterday after installing my new juice w/attitude tok it for a test drive turned on the a/c and no air blows. I can hear the compressor cycling but no air. then lastnight I went to the video store and t worked just fine, the window the a/c everything. On the way to work today all was well. Truck sat for an hour and then neither the a/c or the window worked on the way home....

Im thinking possible short in the column, any idea what color wires I would be looking for?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry didn't read your post very well. It sounds more like a broken wire in the harness between the door frame and door. Open the insulation up and examine each wire looking for an exposed or shorted wire. Tape, repair or whatever it takes, see if it fixed the problem and good luck. As far as the AC, no ideas as it sounds liek the Clutch is engaging per your description, again maybe a broken wire?????????? Below was typed prior to my rereading your original post.

Maybe an easy fix, definatly worth the effort.

I had a 98 Chrysler concord and many times everything quit and the ABS light came on, windows wouldn't work, AC didn't work and a few other things also,
I don't remember what but others. Took it to 2 dealers and could not reproduce it. but next day happened again. Got to Tennessee in the summer and about fried, couldn;'t get windows down or AC on. Replaced many fuses and relays, spent over $50 and no fix. Was talking to a friend of my son who had a 97 Chrysler and same problem. He fixed his and explained a $0 fix, wiggle the key as the ignition switch sticks and dosent release the lock out when you let go of the key. Worked fine for me for 2 additional years till I traded the car, much better than DC's cost to replace the ignition sw. Give it a try, we just slightly wiggled the key and all started working again.

Hope this is your problem as if you know what is wrong you can live with it that way.

Don