HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

BLOCK CRACKED OR NOT CRACKED #53

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLOCK CRACKED OR NOT CRACKED #53

DEALER MECHANICS UNSURE IF BLOCK IS CRACKED.<br>GOING TO CHANGE THE OIL COOLER FIRST. THEY <br>WERE UNABLE TO AGREE, SOME THINK ITS CRACKS<br>OTHER THINK NOT. MECHANIC TOLD ME IT WAS<br>LOSING PRESSURE WITH THE TESTER, SERVICE MANAGER<br>SAID THEY LEFT ON ALL DAY YESTERDAY. WRONG I <br>WAS THERE LOOKING FOR SEVERAL HOURS. THEY WERE<br>RUNNING THE TRUCK UP AND DOWN THE LIFT LIKE A<br>YO-YO. LOOKING FRONT THE TOP AND THEN THE BOTTOM.<br>LONG STORY SHORT, THEY AREN'T SURE. TOLD TO WAIT <br>TO MONDAY FOR THE REPAIRS TO ARRIVE AND THEN SEE.<br>PROBLEM I'M AT 99,500 ON THE CUMMINS WARRANTY.<br>WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS IF THE DISCISION IS BLOCK OK.<br>DOWN THE ROAD IT CRACKS WITH OPEN??? TAKE ALL<br>COMMENTS GOOD OR BAD. WV PANHANDLER :<br>PS ALSO HAS A CRACKED MANIFOLD TOP CENTER, COVERED<br>UNDER WARRANTY THIS VISIT.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:46 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re:BLOCK CRACKED OR NOT CRACKED #53

Document it carefully, time, Service managers name and mechanics the works!. If they say it isn't the block take it immediately to another Dealer and have them look at it.<br><br> Document it thoroughly as well, even get the service managers to sign your paperwork. <br><br> If it turns out to be cracked the month or so later you have proof it was in twice for the same issue. I would even take some pictures while it was on the rack.<br><br> If they tell you to leave the service area say &quot;yes sir&quot; and finish taking all your pictures before leaving the vehicle Act stupid if you have to, but get EVERYTHING on paper.
Old 02-01-2003, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:BLOCK CRACKED OR NOT CRACKED #53

SFtopSGT said it best: Document, document, document. This is a situation of CYA big time. Document again just to be sure.<br>Tom