HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

aFe stage 2 install problem. Please help asap

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 02:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
aFe stage 2 install problem. Please help asap

I'm finishing up my install and I'm at the part where I put the air sensor back in. It say's to use supplied gasket. Well the peace of foam I got wich I assume is the gasket doesn't come any where close to fitting. Take a look at the pic. Is this the gasket that you guy's have used. If it is, I must be stupid, cause I sure can't see a way to make it work. I know if I don't use something I'm sure to throw a code. But I really don't want to take it all back apart. Please advise. Thank's

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...4494715IyrCQl#
Old 12-17-2005, 06:07 PM

Come on guy's, I know at least 1 or 2 of you have installed these thing's.

I did get a temporary fix. I put a fatter o ring on it. So far no code's. Now I just need to know if I'm supposed to use any gasket at all, or what's what.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:05 AM
LCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went down and looked at mine and I can't tell without taking it apart but I don't remember mine looking like that. I do know mine was a peel and stick gasket and it worked when I tightened it up though. I could take it apart after work and look but I'm not sure if it would help you, they might have changed the gasket for some reason. I do think you should have a gasket there of some kind. I think you should put in a call to AFE...LCH
Old 12-21-2005, 11:36 PM

I called them Monday. They said the would mail me a gasket.

What the problem is, the original is just an o-ring around the sensor. It fit's snug down into the hole on the factory air box, and you screw it down. With the new one, the hole in the torque tube is too big for the o-ring. I guess they just give you a gasket to seal the air, but I got the wrong gasket.

Oh well, the truck's running with the bigger o-ring I put in, but I still need the gasket to make it water tight.

BTW. No need to take your's apart. But I do appreciate the offer.