HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

99 Dodge is cutting out.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 Dodge is cutting out.

Hi all! I am a new member here. My 99 Ram cuts out at 80 mph. I bought it last fall and it ran excellent till just lately. I just moved here to Washington from Arkansas. It did ok on the trip. Any advice? Thanks!<br><br>Jewel
Old 02-02-2003, 02:34 PM
Banned

Re:99 Dodge is cutting out.

Also I forgot to mention it has 101,000 miles on it and is out of warranty. I hate to take it to the dealer.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+Welcome to the site. You might want to check your lift pump it would be the first thing that comes to my mind and with your mileage. the best way to check it is to get a fuel pressure gauge and check the pressure. The easiest way is to listen for the buzz when you turn on the key. it still might be bad and buzz. the pressure gauge is the most accurate.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:53 PM
Banned

Thankyou Rich. All I can hear when I turn on the truck is the engine. Rattlin, not buzzin. ???
Old 02-02-2003, 08:15 PM

Sounds like your lift pump. the best place to get it is from cummins. they are cheaper then dodge, while your at it you need to get some high flo banjo,s from wildcat diesel and a fuel pressure gauge installed
Old 02-02-2003, 09:50 PM

Jewel, if you are willing to drive for an hour or so, you are welcome to come on over. We can do a pressure check on your fuel transfer pump, (lift pump), and help out with whatever is needed.<br>I'll make sure that my wife is here, so you are not left alone with all of us &quot;crass&quot; fellows! <br>Sorry, inside joke! ;D<br>
Old 02-02-2003, 10:10 PM

I agree with rich (cowboy), it is probably your lift pump. There are a few of us from Wa. that would be glad to help. We have get togethers every once in awhile or pm if an emergency and we would be glad to help. <br><br> Joe
Old 02-03-2003, 01:23 PM
Banned

Thanks for the help, boys. :-* I had the dealer change the fuel filter at $125 and they said my problem was over with. NOT! Yes, I would be willing to drive for an hour or so. If you have the equipment to help me out with this I would be very appreciative. I can do a lot of the work on my truck myself but would love a guiding hand to direct me.<br><br>Big K, can you send me directions and a time to come over? I would love to meet your wife too but I know how to handle guys very well. Nail Bender, Let me know when you have a get together. I am looking for a Dodge Diesel club to hang out with.<br><br>I love this truck. I'll be glad to get this little problem figured out. Thanks! :-*<br><br>Jewel
Old 02-04-2003, 02:46 AM

Were having a NW Bomber &quot;BOMB&quot; party on 2/23 at a members house in Enumclaw - Ya ought to come on out and join us!<br><br>Bomb Party Thread<br><br>And I believe these guys to be correct - a fuel pressure check is in order. Also - If you have an early '99 we'll have a 2nd gen KDP fixture there to get that squared away.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:01 PM

&quot;Big Russ&quot;, perhaps you should reference the &quot;Other&quot; forum for the sticky on &quot;Site Rules&quot;. You seem to be very adamant about said same, at least on the site that you help moderate.
I refer to the first paragraph, wherein it states something about intentionally registering more than one username. Seems that you have done so, as your registration dates are less than 30 days apart. Not tryin to cause a ruckus here. Merely tryin to play by the rules, as posted. You should too, Russ/atoughram.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:26 AM

Howdy Eric! I wasnt trying to cause a ruckus as I'm not trying the hide the fact of who I am! Obviously. I am using a non-hotmail/juno/yahoo email address - Have my &quot;Real&quot; Town and State posted. &quot;Mr. Brewski&quot; Is my username on TDR and the avatar I'm using came with me from nwbombers.com. &lt;EDIT - I see my avatar is now not showing&gt; If I wanted to be a ghost person and cause problems, you know just as well as I do that I'd be able to go pretty much undetected.

The fact is Eric - If I registered with this site in the past, I dont remember doing so. Moderators - Please delete the username that Eric has refered to, sorry to cause you any hassels.

Now - What is in the past sir, should be left in the past. You've done me no wrong and whether or not you believe me, I've done you no wrong either. I am not here to talk about moderating - but diesel trucks.

Russell Leu
&quot;Big Russ&quot; NWBombers.com
&quot;Mr. Brewski&quot; Turbodieselregister.com
&quot;Big Russ&quot; TheDieselPage.com
Unregistered (That I know of) thedieselstop.com
&quot;atoughram&quot; Dieseltruckresource.com

Old 02-05-2003, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Do NOT let the NW Bombers issues trickle over here. PERIOD.