Notices
General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

should i be mad at my Dodge Dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should i be mad at my Dodge Dealer?

I ordered my truck last friday. Sense i didn't get to test drive a 2wd 3500 (i test drove a 4x4 drw) i decided to go and look at some other dealers to see if they had any SRW 3500 trucks to test drive. My dealer told me he did a dealer serch and couldn't find a 2wd DRW. So i drove around town tonite and sure enough no Drw 2wd and no SRW. only 2500s. so I decide to look up on the web for some dealer a little further away. low a behold a dealer to the north of me about 30miles has 3 brite silver DRW SLT CTD/auto siting on his lot. sure one is a 4x4 but the other 2 are 2wd. i'm leaving at about 8:15 in the morning to go and test drive the trucks.

What should i do?

1. Buy the truck from the dealer 30miles away.
or
2. Ask my dealer in town to do a dealer trade and get the truck for me. I already put 500.00 down on the dealer in town. however he told me i could get it back any time i want.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well there could be a mirad of reasons as to why the truck you found couldn't be rounded up. If you feel the dealer you are dealing with (dealer A) has/is treating you good I would inquire as to why the truck you found can't be traded from them. The sales man may have actually located the truck at dealer B, but B might have refused to let go of it. Of course the sales guy isn't going to say "I'm sorry I can't sell you a truck, but I found one at Dealer B so you can go there!!".....I don't think so (nor do I blame him, He wants to sell you a truck). If the truck at Dealer B is the exact same as the one you wanted at Dealer A find out who is going to sell one for less. Good luck!!
Old 05-22-2004, 12:59 AM
Chapter President

When I bought mine the original dealer told me,"We did a search and sorry, we can't find exactly what you are looking for in less than a 150 mi radius." I hemmed and hawwed for a while, they showed me one almost exactly like what I wanted expcept for a few addtional options($$$$$). I decided to leave, called around to a couple of dealers and guess what, I found the truck of my dreams sitting at a lot. Got the price over the phone and the rest is history. I don't think dealers make as much if they do a trade so they tell less than the whole truth. That's just my opinion.
Old 05-22-2004, 06:34 AM
Banned

Some dealers won't trade with others. So they can't get you a truck from someone they won't/can't do business with. Doesn't mean there is none out there. When we did dealer trades sometimes we bought them outright, other times the other dealer needed something we had. Sometimes we traded more than one vehicle for an expensive one. Sometimes it was the other way around.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
shop around before you buy. you are correct they dont make as much if they trade vehicles around, remember this when you have them bring a truck in for you, and want them to knock $3000 off the price. you could have spent the hunderd bucks to drive around and look yourself. pretty expensive drive if you asked me. any ways good luck and ya i would go to the other dealer and see what they have to offer. no deal is a deal till you sign the paper work. good luck and remember its only a good deal if you are happy with what you picked out, its your choice at the end of the day,
Old 05-22-2004, 12:23 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Don't be mad at the guy just trying to make a living, if anything be mad at yourself for not doing your homework sooner

Had you taken the time to look around before going to that guy, you might already be driving the truck you want

Either way, good luck on getting the right truck! They sure are sweeeet!
Old 05-22-2004, 04:02 PM

Just bought a new truck, It is just like the one i ordered except for a few added features. like rear window defrost, Stereo w/ Cass and CD. and auto diming rear view mirrior.This truck cost me about 900.00 more then the one i was going to order, plus I got the 2500.00 rebate. Should be picking it up on tuesday or wednesday.

Gotta go it's the kids birthday today, he's 12. his present isn't nearly as big as mine, lol!!

p.s. I'm not mad really, I just don't think the guy even tried to look around. plus this truck has few added item, maybe he thought i didn't want them. I will try and get my 500.00 back on monday.