General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Sad News today.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 12:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would not be interested in one but really, I have not heard big complaints of the Duramax.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
billnourse,
I agree with you about the Carp (or Catfish) look on the sport Dodges. But at least the head lights don't take on the appearance of an oriental type person's eyes .

Haulin_in_Dixie,
One of the guys who works for me has an '02 Cheby DRW with the Maxipad. He shows cattle and uses it to pull a BIG cattle trailer. Has yet to have any problems with the truck. Frankly, I like the appearance of his truck better than the new models. This past winter some guy backed into the bed of his truck at one of the cow shows and busted (not dented) the bed wall. Turns out that both of the bed walls are made of plastic. So the fix is to replace the entire bed wall . And just think, for $3,000 - $5,000 dollars more you too can have a truck with plastic bed walls .
Old 04-13-2004, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Heavy Duty
billnourse,
I agree with you about the Carp (or Catfish) look on the sport Dodges. But at least the head lights don't take on the appearance of an oriental type person's eyes .

Haulin_in_Dixie,
One of the guys who works for me has an '02 Cheby DRW with the Maxipad. He shows cattle and uses it to pull a BIG cattle trailer. Has yet to have any problems with the truck. Frankly, I like the appearance of his truck better than the new models. This past winter some guy backed into the bed of his truck at one of the cow shows and busted (not dented) the bed wall. Turns out that both of the bed walls are made of plastic. So the fix is to replace the entire bed wall . And just think, for $3,000 - $5,000 dollars more you too can have a truck with plastic bed walls .
Point well taken but then again, I never have heard of Duramax bed walls Was basically talking about the engine and driveline. Dodge has the vote on a strong truck. Point I was making is that there was a hubub about the engine not going to last but the owners have been satisfied. I would buy Cummins and don't personally like the Chevy. Nice appointments though, have had a bunch of them on my trailer, they draw a lot of attention.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haulin_in_Dixie,
agree with all you said about the engine. Time will tell. But it looks like the rest of the truck is below standards as well. At least my standards. I use to be a chevy kind of guy. Bought one of the first DRW trucks back in 1974 when you could get a real 454. My last was a '94. I was very disappointed with the power and towing capability of that truck. Of course it was a Calf. truck. Since that time I have owned three Dodges with the Cummins and all of the research I have done before buying the Dodges pointed to a better product with the Dodge. I will say that my '03 is leaps better than the others. I know that you can get good and bad with any of the big three trucks. But, Dodge seems to have the lowest complaints/problems of the big three. That may be due to the fact that there aren't as many Dodges on the rode as the other two makes. But the number of complaints/problems over the number of units sold (percentages) tells the true story. Right now if I had to do it all over again I would buy another Dodge.