General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

remote racor fuel filter question

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
remote racor fuel filter question

Hi all; this truck is new to me and we have been changing all the fluids etc etc.. I'm the 3rd owner 1st had the truck most of it's life hauling a camper [we brought it for same] and one of his mods was to put on a remote recor filter and from visiting their site i believe it to be a 400 series model 490 the fuel line out has what i take to be a bleed screw and runs to the intake of the stock filter head[with no filter ] line exits the stock head then travels to small spin on filter the size of a 10 oz soup can [ tight to the block just under the injector lines] before finally entering the pump. Now after all that how do i drain the water ... my 24 v was easy push the lever.. this racor system is confusing because of conflicting instructions in has a primer pump head... the head says open drain and pump ..theres nothing to open i have drain line on the bowl and wif sensor...filter says push relive valve and pump if equiped..not... info on this model from the racor site says its self draining somebody must have one of these birds out there please reply Thanks