General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Powerstroke Article in DieselPower Mag

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think its funny that there is more 6.0 bashing on the powerstroke sites than on here. That just lends credability to CTD. Its kind of a bummer that ford dropped the ball so badly with that motor. The 7.3 was at least respectable. I have a buddy that is the diesel tech at the biggest ford dealer on the western slope of colorado and he personally told me never to buy one. He is so sick of working on those things that he wants to quite! I just tell him its job security!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by jeepsuck
i cant speak for where you live, but is southern california there are without a doubt more late model powerstrokes running around than late model CTD's. note that i did say late model Dodge Ram CTD's in my original post. if you took all the CTD's in dodge trucks vs. all the PSD's in all the fords on the road, it might be a different story. i see at least 3 late model ford psd's for every 1 3rd gen dodge ram ctd's. i know dodge trucks are more prevelant in the south and midwest comparted to socal. but like i said, this is my own personal observation.
It isn't where I live . It's where I drive - regional midwest . I also know Dodges outnumber Fords 3 to 1 for trucks contracted to RV haulers .99% of the CTD owners I talk to praise their trucks . 99% of the 6.0 powerstroke owners complain of frequent repairs and high and costly service . I'll withhold my opinion of southern California .
Old 02-11-2006, 09:03 AM

diesel power mag

Diesel Power mag, its in its baby steps. its still growing. the problem is the staff. they are just not knowledgeable enough to do those tech articles we all want to see.
and as far as the ford over poweing the magazine, i have seen a lot of cummins/dodge articles. along with dur-smacks. heck they even did a old 6.2 build up.
the editor of the mag is out the door, thank goodness. they need to get someone in there that actually works on his, or hers diesel. not an editor who is told, about whats going on, but actually knows.
i lke the mag. and i am not a ford fan by all means. they just need some actuale diesel guys workin there. not a scrape of PRIMEDIA's staff for some one who knows were to get a diesel worked on.
knowledge is power, and there lacking in that department. give it time.

like the cover says " THE VOICE OF THE TURBODIESEL ENTHUSIAST "
e-mail them, wright them. tell them what you want to see.

and as far as more late model fords being on the road than dodge. ford use to sell more trucks, thats all. with the miles that can be racked up on a cummins vs the old, 6.9's, 7.3's and powerstrokes. there will be more dodges on the road than ford. just wait and see.