General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Powerstroke Article in DieselPower Mag

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powerstroke Article in DieselPower Mag

Anyone else laugh at the end of the article?

Speaking of the 6.0:
"This engine proved to be every bit the success that Ford and Navistar envisioned it being; and with that they sent the old 7.3L eninge to the bench, while the newly signed Power Stroke has become Ford's go-to powerhouse player"

More evidence that this rag is just a platform for Ford marketing and advertising. I received the rag as a gift subscription but I think I'll call and cancel.

I'm sure someone at DieselPower has seen the $500M loss figure for warranty and buyback that Ford has been dealing with.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:01 PM

Is there a website for this mag?
Old 01-26-2006, 06:21 PM

www.dieselpowermag.com

A.Y.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a crock of "dung".

Oh yeah, big success because of either morons who don't research or unsuspecting guinea pigs (like myself who had a solid 7.3) bought them. Look around there are a TON of these boat anchors on the road.

But then subtract the cost of all the turbos, injectors, and egr valves, entire vehicle buybacks, etc.......and the loss of thousands of previous Ford owners (like myself).

The 6.0L was and is and always will be a POS, and a black eye to the diesel community.......somewhere down there along with the Olds 350 diesel.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:35 PM

Hmm, heres a quote I found interesting, in the sectiong called "Pipe Dream."

"OK, we've seen some sidepipes and vertical stacks with 6-inch tubing, but thats a show-vehicle scenario, and not for everyday use ."

Hmm, I thought there were quite a few members on here and other boards that have stacks on their daily driven trucks. Who knows, seems to me, by reading this mag, that they are getting paid to say what will sell the product their advertisers are selling. Makes sense, of course, but you know how that goes, lots of things get messed up in the heads of some of us newbies. Thats why I'm glad to have found a site like this one, to lead me in the right direction.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:42 AM

welllll, unfortunatly they are trying to run a business, and the fact of the matter is there are more late model Ford PSD's running around than late model Dodge Ram CTD's; like it or not. logic would dictate that if their magazine caters to a broader audience then success as a business would be more likely. besides, do you hear radio DJ's bashing their sponsors after the commercial break, even if the product they endorse is total crap? of course not, because that would just plain be bad advertising, not to mention stupid. unfortunatly we are all fans (most of us, anyway) of a Chrysler product. i learned early on with my love for Mopar muscle that as a Mopar fan i am in the minority, and therefore must suffer when issues like aftermarket parts and magazine articles come up. sometimes it just pays to be in the "in" croud.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think that magazine needs more 'how to' articles. Like how to replace the EGR valve, the VVT turbo, broken head studs, head gaskets, melted pistons, stuck injectors, etc. You know, everything that goes wrong with the sick point oh no.

MikeyB
Old 01-27-2006, 07:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They did do a nice article on the first gen Ram, but yes that quote made me laugh!!
Old 01-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have given that rag a fair shake but have decided to not subject myself to it anymore.....it should be named the Diesel Powerstroke magazine!
Old 01-27-2006, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by RC51
Anyone else laugh at the end of the article?

Speaking of the 6.0:
"This engine proved to be every bit the success that Ford and Navistar envisioned it being; and with that they sent the old 7.3L eninge to the bench, while the newly signed Power Stroke has become Ford's go-to powerhouse player"

More evidence that this rag is just a platform for Ford marketing and advertising. I received the rag as a gift subscription but I think I'll call and cancel.

I'm sure someone at DieselPower has seen the $500M loss figure for warranty and buyback that Ford has been dealing with.

repost.....but the stacks comment being just for show is funny....i am consistently dissapointed with that mag....but then again u cannot expect any mag to be objective...the owner of that mag has a ford PS
Old 01-29-2006, 12:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The thing I don't like about that mag is that it seems all they do is bolt on Bank$ spendy stuff. I mean come one, they put a bank$ converter in a auto dodge, and we all know banks has them, but why not do a GB or suncoast part since they are just as good if not better part, and cheaper, if memory serves. I won't be subscribing anytime soon, even though the article with the wolverine and the go-fast kennywomper was pretty cool. And they avoid black smoke like it's the plauge or something. Not that many of us go for it, but they seem to be scared of it or something. JMHO and it's only worth $.02
Old 01-29-2006, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by jeepsuck
welllll, unfortunatly they are trying to run a business, and the fact of the matter is there are more late model Ford PSD's running around than late model Dodge Ram CTD's; like it or not. logic would dictate that if their magazine caters to a broader audience then success as a business would be more likely. besides, do you hear radio DJ's bashing their sponsors after the commercial break, even if the product they endorse is total crap? of course not, because that would just plain be bad advertising, not to mention stupid. unfortunatly we are all fans (most of us, anyway) of a Chrysler product. i learned early on with my love for Mopar muscle that as a Mopar fan i am in the minority, and therefore must suffer when issues like aftermarket parts and magazine articles come up. sometimes it just pays to be in the "in" croud.
There are more late model Powerstrokes running around than CTD's ? Do you have statistics on that ? The only thing that might make that true is if you include vans and F450's and 550's that D/C doesn't make a CTD to compete with .
Old 01-29-2006, 06:11 PM

All I have to say is read my sig on my opinion of the 6.0L.

I do believe I may have an injector that's on the way out. Further checks at the dealer on my company truck is in order.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by RickG
There are more late model Powerstrokes running around than CTD's ? Do you have statistics on that ? The only thing that might make that true is if you include vans and F450's and 550's that D/C doesn't make a CTD to compete with .
i cant speak for where you live, but is southern california there are without a doubt more late model powerstrokes running around than late model CTD's. note that i did say late model Dodge Ram CTD's in my original post. if you took all the CTD's in dodge trucks vs. all the PSD's in all the fords on the road, it might be a different story. i see at least 3 late model ford psd's for every 1 3rd gen dodge ram ctd's. i know dodge trucks are more prevelant in the south and midwest comparted to socal. but like i said, this is my own personal observation.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:03 PM

I had stacks on my truck...

Merrick

Quick Reply: Powerstroke Article in DieselPower Mag