General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

New Ford powerstroke 6.0.....broke down

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 07:52 AM
yz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:New Ford powerstroke 6.0.....broke down

Well I do like the dodge. It is the 2nd biggest factor of why I bought my truck. It is a really slick truck, But I also like the Fords. Just the reg. cab long bed 4x4 but that's the only model.(kinda odd I know). I really don't like the powerstroke though. But I nor my family has never really had good luck with Ford. The new dodges are growing on me but that Vp44 really bothers me though. -Anthony
Old 12-28-2002, 11:29 AM
Banned

I love my Dodge. I love my Cummins. My Dodge has left me on the side of the road before and a Ferd driver stopped to offer some help. I'm not so proud that I wouldn't accept it either. But I told him that unless he had a spare Dodge tranny in the bed, there wasn't much he could do. Ford has the better truck. Cummins is the better engine. I know a guy with a slightly bombed Ford that said himself would swap in a Cummins if it didn't cost so much money. He keeps blowing the rubber boots off that connect the intercooler and all the piping. The other day, something inside his front axle brake. Maybe the axle it self. He's had it in the shop three different times for the rear axle messing up. Blew the gears twice. The third time, they didn't set the pinion angle right so the front seal started leaking. All of the trucks have their strong points and their weak points. I love my CTD.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:49 PM

This is my first full size pick-up. I chose Dodge for several reasons; #1 is the Cummins engine, #2 is it's the best looking truck on the road, #3 is more ammenities for your $ (as long as you don't need a true crewcab). My only real worry was the tranny.
Old 12-28-2002, 02:07 PM

Yep Cold Diesel thats it. Insensitive. Now if yz wer one of those MEAN guys like they say are out there, he woulda cold-cocked the wrecker opertor and flat-towed that 6.0 back to the dealer behind his Dodge, while honking his horn. ;D
Old 12-29-2002, 08:51 AM
yz

-Anthony
Old 12-29-2002, 09:59 AM

I love the Dodge wrapper.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:23 PM

[quote author=greatwhite link=board=8;threadid=8866;start=15#85669 date=1041106027]<br>Yep Cold Diesel thats it. Insensitive. Now if yz wer one of those MEAN guys like they say are out there, he woulda cold-cocked the wrecker opertor and flat-towed that 6.0 back to the dealer behind his Dodge, while honking his horn. ;D<br>[/quote] <br> <br> id have to rib some buddies of mine who work at blue springs ford if a DODGE towed the POS furd back to its stable<br><br> what day was this and what color was the truck, maybe i can ask around and find out who was the driver and what exactly went wrong with it-<br> probably just the cam sensor
Old 12-29-2002, 10:26 PM

My 2 cents worth, <br>My family lives and dies by chevy, always had them. The reason I bought a dodge was because of the CUMMINS and really not the truck. Yes I'm marked for death in the family! But, after having bought this truck, I'm very pleased with the whole truck in general. No complaints at all bout the dodge and to boot, uncle and cousin kinda wouldn't mind getten thier hands on one after seein mine. <br>When they get the bugs worked out of the 6.0, it'll be a tough one to match. That just sets the standard for us to better what we have to exceed them. <br>carty
Old 12-30-2002, 05:40 AM

I talked to a Ford tech who specializes in fuel injection (gas and diesel) and something else. Anyway he was familiar with the new 6.0 diesel and said they are having problems with the injection pressures blowing out an O-ring in the injectors. I can't remember what he said each injector cost, but it was a healthy chunk of $$$
Old 12-30-2002, 04:22 PM
yz

Patriot Pearl Blue. It was either Friday or sat. About 12 o clock. White Super duty Crewcab. <br>I am pretty sure it was blue springs ford. Keep us in formed. Thanks -Anthony
Old 12-30-2002, 06:11 PM

i started one up (didn't test drive though) and i must say that it seems to be an impressive machine. if it wasn't for my power addiction, this would definately be my truck of choice. ford makes a good product, but there will always be problems-as with all other brands. if it weren't for the cummins, then i'd be in a ford, but the cummins is my drug (addiction-adrenaline) of choice ;D so far the drivetrain and body is holding quite well around the motor.
Old 12-31-2002, 11:47 PM

As 1tuff ram stated the 6.0's have had injector o-rings going bad. I have worked on the 6.0's lately and that is the majority of the repairs on them. But the injector itself does not have to replaced if the o-ring is bad. And as far as the new 6.0 on the side of the road. Most likely the CMP.