General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

New Ford powerstroke 6.0.....broke down

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 07:14 PM
yz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Ford powerstroke 6.0.....broke down

I was going to across town in Blue Springs Mo when I saw a new 6.0 in the middle of the road. It was driven by a service tech. for Blue Springs Ford, still had the plastic on the seats and all. And he was not out of fuel as it happened in front of a truck stop. I looked over at him and kinda laughed and he just shock his head. I was loving it. I did not feel bad as he did not own the truck. -Anthony
Old 12-27-2002, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:New Ford powerstroke 6.0.....broke down

I personally hate to see something like that happen. Although I own Dodge, and I'm definately partial to them, I like to see what's up and coming with the other manufacturers as well. The 6.0 engine sounds promising, but only time will tell. The test results I've seen so far are impressive. I can only hope it gets better, and that people are happy with their vehicles.
Old 12-27-2002, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F---ix<br>O---r<br>R---epair<br>D---aily <br>Thats all I got to say that and a good thing he didnt need to tow an icebreaker ;D
Old 12-27-2002, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote author=rich (cowboy) link=board=8;threadid=8866;start=0#85429 date=1041038277]<br>F---ix<br>O---r<br>R---epair<br>D---aily <br>Thats all I got to say that and a good thing he didnt need to tow an icebreaker ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br> Or an airplane off the runway.
Old 12-27-2002, 07:32 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Too bad you didn't see which pump he was filling at <br><br>
Old 12-27-2002, 07:51 PM

It's not Furd's problem. <br><br>It seems Furd got a batch of engines from Navistar that had the wrong fuel injectors in them. the injectors are burning holes in the tops of the pistons. Furd delayed delivery on all the 6.0L Power Strokes to replace the injectors. It seems they already had a few trucks out with the bad injectors and some are having problems. The new 6.0L is also having fuel pump problems. My brotherinlaw has been a Navistar mechanic for 14 years and he said they have on 6.0L at their shop with a bad fuel pump. And the Louisville shop has 2. The fuel pump and the power steering pump are one unit and are inclosed in the bell housing. The unit can not be split so you must buy both pumps if one fails. To make things worse all parts for the new 6.0L are on National backorder, Navistar has them on Emediate Backorder, which meens the parts are to be pulled of the line as soon as they are made and shipped to the dealers with the highest priority. This meens Furd can't get their hands on parts till the Navistar shops get all they need.[undecided] Eric said Navistar does this everytime they interduce a new engine, evidently they aren't testing them enough or the test engines are not assembled in the same plant as the production engines.<br><br>I have a freind Rusty that bought a new Furd with the 6.0L in it and his is in the shop for a leaking radiator. (now that's Furds fault). Chad another freind also has one with the new auto, and it's running like a top. I will say one thing that new 6.0L is quick, it has awesome throttle responce. You tap the throttle and the turbo seems to spool up instantly, and with the auto I don't think the Dmax will even come close to running with one. <br><br>Kinda makes the old Cummins seem out dated. [undecided] and that's the way I like it. ;D<br><br>By the way, I never leave someone on the side of the road, I don't care what brand they're driving, I'm always ready to lend a hand or the use of my cell phone. You never know when you may need the favor to be returned. :-[<br><br>DB
Old 12-27-2002, 08:22 PM

I stopped to help a guy in a 03 Dodge Cummins with only 2800 miles on it, it had a full tank of fuel but it refused to start. It was snowing and cold so he waited in my warm car until a tow truck arrived. I didn't think it was funny at all that his new &quot;Dodge Cummins&quot; was broke down or that it made the Ford PSD roll-back better than the Dodge because it towed it. All the snearing and laughing is not going to change the fact that Ford has a great truck (and I didn't say it was better than your precious Dodge CTD) It really cracks me up when guys who are so brand loyal think the vehicle they drive is so perfect that it could not possible break down.
Old 12-27-2002, 09:04 PM
yz

First off this was all in good fun. i did not mean to get anyone fired up or anything. I must admit the 6.0 sounds like it might be a very good diesel. I hope that people are very happy with there trucks also. If it had been a new Ford 6.0 owner I would have felt pretty bad for the guy but it was a service tech. who was just testing it out. He did not spend the 40k for the truck. just driving it around.<br>I did not leave him on the side of the road the tow truck was already there. Darrell B thanks for that bit of info. I always like to stay on top of things and be aware of what is going on with any of the diesels out there. thanks.<br>Maddog1 have you ever heard me say Ford does not make a great truck? I might have said something about the powerstroke but not about the Ford trucks themselves. I like the truck not the powerstroke nor do I like there 6 spd. I don't like the way the 6 spd. shift. And I honestly believe that the Cummins ISB is the BEST diesel out of the powerstroke and Duramax. This is my opinion. All of my friends and just about everyone I know that has owned a powerstroke seems to be plagued with problems. Brand loyal. Maybe to Cummins. I love my Dodge but If Ford starts putting the ISB in the Superdutys. Then I will be buying a Ford Superduty. If they put it is the Chevy. I will be in a Chevy.<br>I have never thought nor have I EVER said that my truck is so perfect that it will never break down. Nor have I EVER seen anyone else say that on this site. Maddog1 have you ever seen anyone on this site say that? Let me repeat this again it was just fun. Just playing around. I was not trying to be a dick. I did not mean to start anything. I am sorry. I don't wish bad luck on the PSD or DM owners. just playing. -Anthony
Old 12-27-2002, 09:21 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Thanks Anthony!, <br> I think we all agree that we hate to see anybody brokedown with that kind of investment. Like you I too prefer the Cummins engine over any other light weight truck engine out there, I am just not always happy with the skin wrapped around it <br><br> Personnally I am happy to see people in any american vehicle, sure has to be better overall for our economy, even if they are not always made here.
Old 12-27-2002, 09:56 PM

This is exactly why I don't buy first year models (and usually even second year models) of anything. I'll let the folks who have to have the newest stuff be the guinea pigs. I can wait for the bugs to get fixed (if they ever do).
Old 12-27-2002, 10:04 PM

[quote author=athompson link=board=8;threadid=8866;start=0#85501 date=1041047782]<br>This is exactly why I don't buy first year models (and usually even second year models) of anything. I'll let the folks who have to have the newest stuff be the guinea pigs. I can wait for the bugs to get fixed (if they ever do).<br>[/quote]<br><br>I second that. <br><br>DB
Old 12-27-2002, 11:11 PM

I guess I'm the only guy out there that likes the RAPPER that my cummins is stuffed in. I Dodge did not have the Cummins and maybe had the D-max oe stroker then I would buy a v10 or hemi. I bought my truck for the name and not the engine. Yes I love my cummins but not enough to buy a Ford. Now if the Cummins was in a chevy and they had a solid front Axle I would buy the chevy just because my family members used to work there. I have just had to many problems with the ford dealers and their products that I have owned. I know every make has their flaws. Luckly I have never had a dodge leave me stranded which is a lot more than I can say for the strokers that I have owned and been in. Knock on wood.<br>To each their own is all I can say. Buy what you like not what others say is best.<br>DM01
Old 12-28-2002, 12:24 AM

Nope, not the only one. <br><br>I had a Cheby before my Dodge and wont ever own another one of those things. : <br><br>DB
Old 12-28-2002, 12:40 AM

[quote author=MADDOG1 link=board=8;threadid=8866;start=0#85474 date=1041042170]<br>I stopped to help a guy in a 03 Dodge Cummins with only 2800 miles on it, it had a full tank of fuel but it refused to start. It was snowing and cold so he waited in my warm car until a tow truck arrived. I didn't think it was funny at all that his new &quot;Dodge Cummins&quot; was broke down or that it made the Ford PSD roll-back better than the Dodge because it towed it. All the snearing and laughing is not going to change the fact that Ford has a great truck (and I didn't say it was better than your precious Dodge CTD) It really cracks me up when guys who are so brand loyal think the vehicle they drive is so perfect that it could not possible break down.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I totally agree,it can and will happen to them all at some point..<br>Ford is a great truck period..
Old 12-28-2002, 04:54 AM

Some of you are just too sensitive : : :

Quick Reply: New Ford powerstroke 6.0.....broke down