General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

my truck hates rig roads

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my truck hates rig roads

in the last 2 weeks: i cracked a rim somehow through wear and tear they say, my shocks went, i lost 2 ball joints, i replaced my injectors and to top it all off i lost my injection pump today. oh and my tranny is slipping now.

so hows everyone elses trucks treating them?

AHHHHHHHHH
Old 03-30-2006, 08:22 PM

Mines treating me great!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, that adds up to how many thousands of dollars?

Everytime I drive mine it seems to be getting faster, the tranny is tightening up, the brakes get firmer, electrical gremlins work their selves out, my turbo spools faster, I smoke more, and the paint gets shinier.

You see, you should have gotten one of these REAL, old, iron trucks...

(If they don't perform better with age, at least the exhaust leaks in the cab will lower your expectations.)
Old 03-30-2006, 11:00 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
Yep. That's why I bought an 89 1st gen. It already got all of those issues out of it's system. I'm now in the process of rebuilding the truck around my Cummins.

Edwin
Old 03-31-2006, 01:01 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Begle1
Everytime I drive mine it seems to be getting faster, the tranny is tightening up, the brakes get firmer, electrical gremlins work their selves out, my turbo spools faster, I smoke more, and the paint gets shinier.
Yea, and mine improved my stamina, freshened my breath and cured my arthritis....
Old 03-31-2006, 09:27 AM
Banned

Bad luck I guess there Intake. Being from Ft. Nelson, I bet your truck sees them ugly roads more then its fair share. Having spent it seems all winter on the Chingahga, and willow roads, I know what your talking about.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pipes
Bad luck I guess there Intake. Being from Ft. Nelson, I bet your truck sees them ugly roads more then its fair share. Having spent it seems all winter on the Chingahga, and willow roads, I know what your talking about.
I run equipment in the bush so thats all it sees is mud and snow. btw sirius sat radio is a lifesaver. i see you have it too
Old 03-31-2006, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by IntakeRacing
I run equipment in the bush so thats all it sees is mud and snow. btw sirius sat radio is a lifesaver. i see you have it too
There isn't, and never will be, a truck built that can survive the Sierra! It seems that the light GM front ends tend to succumb(sp?) the easiest though. I see them pulled over all over with broken front end parts and not only around Fort Nelson.

BTW, Pipes, where did you get your aux. fuel tank / tool box combo from??
Old 03-31-2006, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Festus
There isn't, and never will be, a truck built that can survive the Sierra! It seems that the light GM front ends tend to succumb(sp?) the easiest though. I see them pulled over all over with broken front end parts and not only around Fort Nelson.

BTW, Pipes, where did you get your aux. fuel tank / tool box combo from??
gm does have the lightest ball joints but dodge's aren't much better (but they come with more clearence) and fords front ends are the best but everything else about them sucks *** drivetrain wise. i think you said it best when you said no trucks are designed for the sierra. were building what encana calls the next sierra right now, the eskai. it makes the sierra look like a highway.

there was a nice checkered crome toolbox/fuel tank one sitting on the floor at the place in grande prairie for a dodge for about 3200 or sometihng like that. i just put a tidy tank in then set all my tools below my rear seat so there not freezing cold when i grab them.