General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

my dodge almost let me down today

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by getblown5.9
just so i can put some of you haters to ease...yes my batteries are the originals and could use replacing...they started the truck just fine at 8* yesterday. they also will fire my truck just fine now that they are charged. the compressor drained them last night. simple as that. it started within the first turn of the crank when i went for lunch and the truck was sitting for 5 hours out in 24* weather. not even a hesitation.

so now, the compressor was the culprit, and you guys who are better than thou can rest your souls knowing my batteries are fine. they will be replaced in the spring.
Dohhh! I did a similar the other day. Went out to plug it in, grabbed the flashlight out of the glove box, closed the door and plugged her in (note that I never closed the glovebox).

Went out the next morning, noticed the grid heaters stayed on quite a while (remember to check the other end of that darn extension cord), and then noticed the glove box open, doh...She did start, but barely...I'm tellin' ya, those Mopar batteries seem pretty tough as mine are original too.

Glad to hear you figured out everything T.J.