General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

more powerstrokes makes them better???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007 | 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One more thing to consider, Navistar also builds trucks and a lot of those will get the Cummins. Isuzu also builds trucks, pickups and cars. A lot of their (Navistar and Isuzu) efforts are divided between engines and the rest so the allmighty dollar stretch from the bean counters have an effect on everything, including engines. Cummins only builds engines, they have partner companies that only build filters, generators and another product that I cant remember right now. But the point is they do not have the burdens of building entire vehicles, just engines. And when you do one thing, you get to do that one thing VERY well, and a LOT of them.
Old 03-19-2007 | 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by superf350
I'm a Ford guy obviously but that McDonalds analogy does not fly. Since when did anyone pay between 30 and 50K for a hamburger!
oh it flyes ...people do all kinds of crazy things...everyone is aware that mcdonalds has unhealthy food and the poorest quality processed foods out there...everyone knows eating mcdonalds frequently will make u and ur kids fat...but they still line up on sunday mornings...go figure...

anyways realistically Ford sells more powerstrokes because Ford specializes in the fleet business and has long term contracts with townships, hospitals, emergency vehicles etc...they provide large discounts to companies that buy trucks in bulk and they are pretty much the only company of the big three thak makes vehicles ready with so many combinations of utility boxes, wreckers, ambulances..etc...

if u took away all the big fleet contracts u may be surprised to see a pretty close comparison between powerstrokes, cummins, and duramax out there
Old 03-19-2007 | 11:37 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Which sells more?
Paper towels or cloth dish towels?
Where do the paper towels end up after use?
Where do the cloth towels end up after use?

Rich
Old 03-19-2007 | 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by DieselDaze
Which sells more?
Paper towels or cloth dish towels?
Where do the paper towels end up after use?
Where do the cloth towels end up after use?

Rich
Lol I was just about to post something similar, maybe they sell more because their trucks wear out quicker...
Old 03-19-2007 | 01:35 PM

Is that the pot calling the kettle black or what? If you are trying to deny the fact that Ford makes a solid truck you fellas are living in dream land. And I am not bashing the dodge in anyway cause I've come close to getting one but there's just more I like about my Ford. You know that ole personal preference thing!
Old 03-19-2007 | 02:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see a equal amount of ram's and fords driving around, i'd love to get a 7.3 in the early 2000 superduty body. If ur happy with the 6.0 and it's been trouble free, more power to u ^.
Old 03-19-2007 | 03:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm a Ford guy obviously but that McDonalds analogy does not fly. Since when did anyone pay between 30 and 50K for a hamburger!
I don't think anyone thinks that you have to pay 30-50 K for a hamburger to make the "analogy fly". It's just an illustration to show the error in assumming that the most prevalent is the best. It's like saying "Kool sells more cigarettes than Marlboro, that must mean that they're better quality." That's stupid because they will all kill you. Sales has more to do with marketing and promotion than it does with the actual product and cigarettes are blatant proof of that.
Old 03-19-2007 | 03:11 PM
Banned

Just look at what music is all over tv and radio...it's garbage, but people buy it because it's shoved in there face.
Old 03-19-2007 | 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by johnny5.9
I don't think anyone thinks that you have to pay 30-50 K for a hamburger to make the "analogy fly". It's just an illustration to show the error in assumming that the most prevalent is the best. It's like saying "Kool sells more cigarettes than Marlboro, that must mean that they're better quality." That's stupid because they will all kill you. Sales has more to do with marketing and promotion than it does with the actual product and cigarettes are blatant proof of that.
Yeah... It is like saying that Rotella is better than Delo because they happen to sell more... We all know thats not true!

LOL.. Couldn't help it...

Oilguy
Old 03-19-2007 | 04:59 PM

Is that the pot calling the kettle black or what? If you are trying to deny the fact that Ford makes a solid truck you fellas are living in dream land.
Lol well my friend noticed that I had just as much rust inside the front bumper on my '95 as he did on his '05 6.0...I took it as a compliment
Old 03-19-2007 | 05:09 PM

An expensive lesson learned over a long period of time for the 6.0 owners.....Cummins rules
Old 03-19-2007 | 05:16 PM

wow, thats really sad, i think that guy on the ford site didn;t pass high school (if he even did) with flying colors. . lol. all i know is it takes a v-8 power stroke and duramax to keep up with a 6 cyl cummins, so cummins must be a better engine.
Old 03-19-2007 | 08:33 PM

LoL i knew this post get roudy before long, but truth is ford makes a decent truck. I happen to think the cummins power plant is superior to power stroke. But in all fairness i know guys have had good luck with PS, i just dont want one of the clanky sounding things.
Old 03-19-2007 | 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by rbrettctd
Ive been on a ford truck website lately for my 79 ford. Wandered into their powerstroke section and found a topic: took on a cummins today. Ive already talked about this on here, but now theyve started attacking me with some stupid sayings:

Cummins should be runnin, removed by admin Cummins a good motor but I still say PowerStrokes better, I see more, new and old.

Make any sense? I like the last part... "Powerstrokes are better: I see more"
So if there were more, which I doubt, that makes them better????

Wow, this argument really bothers you doesnt it? LOL

Who cares, buy what you like and drive it. What good does argueing on the internet about what truck is better... not a dang thing.
Old 03-19-2007 | 11:10 PM

Before they posted this, I actually told them I respected their chassis'. There was this guy on there though who couldnt stop coming up with stupid sayings just because I previously stated Id rather drive a cummins. Notice that I have not/nor has anyone on this thread bashed in any manner the ford posters. I try to keep things from getting heated but there are those out there who are just searching for something to argue about. I finally quit checking in on that 'took on a cummins thread' because I was tired of answering them, having them take it wrong, and me just digging deeper. Wow just realized i got a little heated myself.

to answer your question luke: It doesnt bother me-I just thought it was funny, as many on here do too, according to the replies.

Quick Reply: more powerstrokes makes them better???