General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Magnetic conditioner for diesel fuel

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 09:09 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Magnetic conditioner for diesel fuel

Have just read the following story of a new idea. Not sure if this product is on the market yet.
Question: is this new invention something to take note of, or is it something along the line of the 300 mpg carburettors?

-------------------------------------------------------------

To rid diesel fuel of impurities, filters are provided along the fuel supply line to ensure optimum ionisation of the fuel before combustion takes place.

However, clogged up fuel filters tend to release minute metallic particles that cause defective ionisation and poor combustion.

To enhance separation of impurities, a magnetic conditioner is being proposed that forms part of the fuel supply line.

The magnetic conditioner consists of a cylindrical tube that holds a number of permanent Neodymium magnets.

The magnets are arranged on opposite sides of the housing in the shape of a horseshoe. They are separated by a septum to increase the distance fuel has to travel through the conditioner.

The interior surface of the conditioner contains short metal projections to induce turbulence as the fuel flows through the conditioner. The turbulence causes small metallic particles, suspended in the diesel, to collide and adhere to the various magnets.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like folklore and B$ to me.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:25 PM

pure fiction... if you want to blow money on something that hokey like this that maybe works, try the TAG... [the emissions dyno testing they did looks good though...]
Old 08-16-2004, 01:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stan, I have no personal experience, but one of the truckers magazines did a series on different assessories such as this one and this one was one of them. They said it was hokas pokas. Had no effect on the vehicle.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:39 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Had a feeling it was hocus pokus. That is why I posted this so that nobody would fall for this.

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:45 AM
Administrator

I have installed the magnet on the fuel lines and the turbulater in the intake and got an extra 342 HP at the wheels. I also installed the hologistic transmogrifier on the drive shaft which uses the speed of the under vehicle air passing by to help turn a magnetic planetary gear set connected to the rear end. This upped my fuel mileage by about 17 MPG and I can now actually pull up on the accelerator pedal instead of pushing down and maintain the same speed as before. The last thing I installed was the osmutronic desicalation chamber which recombines the outgoing exhuast particles with some of the incoming air particles causing a cyclonic particle decelleration which in turn allows better mixing of the fuel atoms and air molecules.

And then there's the, ah never mind, you probably wouldn't believe me anyway.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:22 AM
Chapter President

Originally posted by Dieseldude4x4
I have installed the magnet on the fuel lines and the turbulater in the intake and got an extra 342 HP at the wheels. I also installed the hologistic transmogrifier on the drive shaft which uses the speed of the under vehicle air passing by to help turn a magnetic planetary gear set connected to the rear end. This upped my fuel mileage by about 17 MPG and I can now actually pull up on the accelerator pedal instead of pushing down and maintain the same speed as before. The last thing I installed was the osmutronic desicalation chamber which recombines the outgoing exhuast particles with some of the incoming air particles causing a cyclonic particle decelleration which in turn allows better mixing of the fuel atoms and air molecules.

And then there's the, ah never mind, you probably wouldn't believe me anyway.
Really? Thats great!!!
Old 08-16-2004, 06:23 AM

DD4X4, yuh wouldn't be shootin' us all a line of bull would yuh??
Old 08-16-2004, 07:07 AM

DD4x4,

If I'm adding that up right you should have about 1500 hp 3000 tq @ about 88 mpg.

All I got to say is can I get mine on qvc?

Oh and sweeeet! With all this technology I might consider a HEMI , nope just kidding....
Old 08-16-2004, 06:24 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mexstan,

I did some mods similar to what Dieseldude4x4 did and the only problem I had was the tank kept filling up and overflowing while I was driving. What a major pain! I'm thinking of putting in a bigger tank so I can go farther before hitting the oil recycler to dump extra fuel. It might be better to steer away from these modifications.

Wetspirit
Old 08-16-2004, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This magnetic conditioner... was it sold by "Rockwell Automation"?

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/retro.wmv

Rich
Old 08-16-2004, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by Wetspirit
Mexstan,

I did some mods similar to what Dieseldude4x4 did and the only problem I had was the tank kept filling up and overflowing while I was driving. What a major pain! I'm thinking of putting in a bigger tank so I can go farther before hitting the oil recycler to dump extra fuel. It might be better to steer away from these modifications.

Wetspirit
I was going to add this to my post but I thought people would not believe me at this point.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:57 PM

Originally posted by DieselDaze
This magnetic conditioner... was it sold by "Rockwell Automation"?

I was following the narrator up until the "differential girdle spring" then he got technical and lost me.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:33 PM

I don't know who is going to be selling this. I just happened to see it in an overseas newspaper as a new invention. Of course anything to do with diesel catches my attention so I read the article. Figured it was a bogus deal and was going to just ignore it, then thought that it may be fun to post it here.

I had no idea that there were so many people on this site that are so full of, of, of , er, oh I know, - knowledge. The technical know how, the depth of scientific perception, the wealth of experience with inventions similar to this is truly astounding. Lary, I think you need to start a new section for these folks to expound further so that the rest of us less experienced and knowledgeable people can learn. What we will learn is dubious, but we will indubitably learn something.
DD4X4, what gives you the idea that the readers of this fine thread would doubt you. Ain't only half the lies you tell not true?
Old 08-16-2004, 09:53 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mexstan,

Thanks for being patient with us. It's good to have you around.

Wetspirit

Quick Reply: Magnetic conditioner for diesel fuel