General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Lubrico Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lubrico Warranties

Anyone here ever had a Lubrico warranty????

I'm currently dickering on a 99 2500 Quad, 4x4 5 spd. sport.

Truck comes with 1 year unlimited mileage, Lubrico extended warranty.
$100 deductible. $5,000 per claim.

Anyone ever dealt with this company?? Is it worth the paper it's written on????

I've never dealt with the company before, they are really popul;ar here in Canada, (not sure if it's just a Canadian thing or not though)

any input or experience with this comapny would be great.

Thanks.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im working with them now. They seem like scam artists but I have a lawyer.My wheel seal leaked and they wont give me money because i fixed it without telling them. I t ook it into a shop that charges $55 a hour for labor and LUBRICO was bitching about that. the seal was $50......
Old 02-05-2008, 01:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0286050.htm

It appears to me, from this case and a few others ive read about, u must show proof of oil changes every 5,ooo miles for u to keep the warrenty valid for any repair...
Old 02-05-2008, 01:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, since my Lubrico warranty expired 3 years ago, I will relate my experience.

It is true that you have to adhere to their ridiculous oil change schedules, 3 months or 3,000 miles I believe. Which we all know is unrealistic on a CTD.

Plus, before getting repairs done you need to call them and go where they tell you to take it. When wheel bearings went out on my truck they told me to take it to the Local Ford dealer???? Bizzare, I know! Of course the Ford dealer told me to take it somewhere else.

Anyway, if I remember right they would not pay to have the wheel bearings replaced but I did get a "new to me" used front driveshaft under the so called warranty when the V joint seized on mine.

All I can say is "buyer beware".

I'm suprised that you have any case at all with your wheel seal as seals and gaskets were not covered with my warranty. It seems to me that was some sort of "extra coverage" clause that you had to buy.

I don't plan on buying another third party warranty.

Th cost of the extra oil changes to "satisfy" their requirements would probably offset any cost savings you would get back from a claim in the end.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well said and TRUE> i have a lawyer on it now. They dont do anything those cheap bastards