Notices
General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

last day i get to spend with my truck :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
last day i get to spend with my truck :(

yep, just cleaned her out for the last time tonight, going to trade it in on an 05 2500 quadcab long bed laramie. pretty sad evening. ill miss her she has been a great truck! i just need more cab room. the new truck is loaded though, GPS, U-connect, all that laramie stuff i really dont need.... but it will be nice im sure. hope this new truck, actually slightly used, will preform as good as my 03 has
Old 08-21-2005, 11:52 PM
Banned

I'm sorry to hear that. I know if I ever get rid of mine I can honestly say I'll probably cry. Mine's been to good to me and has asked for so little in return that I don't think I could ever let her go.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:08 AM

It's a sad day when you have to let one go. I have to keep telling myself the next one will be faster than the '99.

brnadon.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:31 AM

Two door trucks are so...__________________________ (fill in the blank)

... easier to see into the bed from the drivers seat while backing under the GN.
anyother good thing? I can't think of any.
Nat
Old 08-22-2005, 06:38 PM

It's amazin' how you quickly you can't live without "all that Laramie stuff you really don't need".

Nice ride.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:41 PM

yea like heated seats, mmmm, you cant beat the feeling of your butt being all toasty while the rest of your body freezes in -20 degree weather.
'
you guys know its true!
Old 08-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Banned

I'm a tight hiney, a pair of $30 heat/massager seat cushion fixes that cold problem up. They even fixed up the worn out seat problem a little bit.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys

This is MHO, I think, that if you are "upgrading" to something better, then there is nothing that you should be ashamed of, or sad for trading your truck for, I sold my ford, and yes i did miss it, But i know that i was happy, i sold it to a good fella, to whom the rig served its purpose, an RV hauler, i still see it, and it makes me happy, it was a good truck to me, and to him it will be as well. I made a mistake that i didnt take pics of my old ride, but this one i know better, If the push comes to shove and i must sell it, it treated me right, it goes with a home made manual with many emails and pm's and tech articles from guys that have helped me, and a DTR page that gives much info and how to use the site, no joke, complete records go with it since i got it. If it goes, itll go to someone who I know will treat it better than I did, and take care of it, and with a refrence to this site. HOWEVER this truck more than serves my needs so it wont go unless its under an extreme circumstances..

Hey if you are moving up to something that better serves your needs, than great, smile, look back and enjoy your new ride as much as you did your old one, there is no need to be sad or upset once u let it go knowin that the truck u gave so much to, gave u just that much and more in return...

Best of luck with your new ride and enjoy!

Rick "TxDiesel007"
Old 08-22-2005, 07:49 PM

It's been 3 weeks since I traded my 2001.5 in for the 2005 3500 4x4 dually I have now. I go to the dealers web site & look at the old girl sitting there all lonely on the lot just waiting for someone to take her home & give her the tender loving care that I did. I'm sorry I have to go now. you can visit her here.old truck
Old 08-22-2005, 08:27 PM

Thanks guys, just picked up the new truck. hard to see the other one go. my new truck is pretty nice, i like it a lot. i will get some pictures up when it is daylight out to take them. thanks all, have a good night.

looks like i need to update my sig
Old 08-22-2005, 08:30 PM

It won't take long for the new truck to grow on you HorseHauler. I'm just wondering why for a few $$ more why you didn't get a 3500 srw for the extra gvwr?
Old 08-22-2005, 08:38 PM

they didnt have any, and i just felt that if i was going to go with a 1-ton then it would be a dually just because of the added stability and such, but dont have anywhere to park a dually now but for right now a 3/4 ton is all i need, someday ill grow into a dually...
Old 08-22-2005, 08:44 PM

I've never pulled a goose neck, but I assume their pin weight is less than my 32' 5vr. I saw a 3500 dually 2nd gen haulin horses up canyon mt. today broke down. Wish I could have stoped to see if I could help but do to const. & no place to pull my 105,500 lb tanker full of fuel over I kept going. Came back by an hour later & he was going on the hook.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:33 PM

well....how do you like the 610?
Old 08-23-2005, 05:02 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally posted by tankeryanker
It's been 3 weeks since I traded my 2001.5 in for the 2005 3500 4x4 dually I have now. I go to the dealers web site & look at the old girl sitting there all lonely on the lot just waiting for someone to take her home & give her the tender loving care that I did. I'm sorry I have to go now. you can visit her here.old truck
I am confused, I thought your old truck had a cummins?
Because the dealer has it listed as a 5.9L 8-cylinder , or was I thought wrong
Wondering. Jim

Quick Reply: last day i get to spend with my truck :(