General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Kubota Tractors

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 12:09 PM
KC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Kubota Tractors

There are lots of good tractors out there, you need to figure out how much you can spend, then find out what there is out there. Take them for a drive even get the local dealers to bring some buy to try them out. Good luck!

Try this web site :
http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/.../wwwthreads.pl

KC
Old 01-10-2003, 06:25 PM

LukeS, thanks man, I'll keep him in mind when I'm ready to buy. 8) If there is one thing I like is getting a good deal. <br><br>HG, I'm going to check out the Farm Machinery show for sure. <br><br>I'm realy thinking of going with the Kubota more and more. I went and checked out the New Holland Boomer tractors today and they were nice but really didn't impress me that much. They seemed a little on the light duty side compared to the Deere and Kubota, and the Case IH looks almost identical to the New Holland. ???<br><br>Thanks for all the info guys. 8)<br><br>DB
Old 01-10-2003, 06:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's one to look at www.almand.com I have the 535 my wife loves it.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry www.allmand.com
Old 01-11-2003, 10:31 AM

[quote author=DarrellB link=board=8;threadid=9414;start=30#90775 date=1042244701]<br> and the Case IH looks almost identical to the New Holland. ???<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>They are the same tractor now thac Hew Holland and CaseIH have merged ??? [undecided] &gt;. They selected to go with the New Holland design for that tractor size.
Old 01-11-2003, 01:33 PM
KC

[quote author=Ryan link=board=8;threadid=9414;start=30#90973 date=1042302699]<br>[quote author=DarrellB link=board=8;threadid=9414;start=30#90775 date=1042244701]<br> and the Case IH looks almost identical to the New Holland. ???<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>They are the same tractor now thac Hew Holland and CaseIH have merged ??? [undecided] &gt;. They selected to go with the New Holland design for that tractor size.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Ford no longer has anything to do with New Holland!<br><br>KC
Old 01-11-2003, 03:06 PM

I have a 18.5 hp Kubota that I purchased new in the early 70's and its still running like new if this is any help to you
Old 01-11-2003, 05:24 PM

I have a DT-3000 4X4 and the thing is great. Always starts and is one tough little tractor. It is the 32 hp model, very efficient little diesel. Only problem I have had is the tach went out about a year after I got it. They fixed it for free and has been fine since. I could use a bigger front loader but I use a Case 580 super L series 2 everyday, there is just a small difference there.<br>Chase
Old 01-12-2003, 11:19 AM

My friend has a Kobota K21? Fun little tractor, 4x4, loader, back-ho, all the attachment for it. He started a small buisness with it. Great little machine!<br><br>
Old 01-12-2003, 04:30 PM

DB:<br>I&quot;ve have had a small L245 for about 14 years . I bought it used from a man in north Georgia. This little tractor has worked it's heart out for me..I've pilled lighter stumps, vines out of trees, moved dirt with a box blade and ,ow all seacon every year now. Now I got it used and the only thing I've replaced is the hour cable and a wheel seal. The seal was my fault. On the same tires the whole time. I think the clutch is shot but it still holds. I have a neighbor with a Ford/New Holland that was mowing a corner of his lot. He couldn't get his tractor through the mess. Called me and asked if I could try. I said sure and away I went. I got over there and asked where it was I needed to mow. He showed me and I asked if that was all. This weed had grown over the front of the tractor and I just plowed in. It really was tall. The little Kubota<br>Never missed a lick. When I got through I ask why he couldn't get it down. He said the ford didn't have the torque to keep the blades of a five foot mower moving. I was very impressed with the power of the &quot;tractor that could&quot;. For 26 HP it really is strong.<br><br> Point being, the most power is not always the strongest. Find the one that will work the longest and the hardest with the least maintenance. I feel the Kubota is the best small worker to be bought. If I ever get another tractor it will be a Kubota..<br><br>Good luck huntin.<br><br>..Preston..
Old 01-12-2003, 10:29 PM

When I got mine the 3000 DT had the most PTO power of any of the 30-35 hp tractors, It is one tough tractor. Only got stuck one time and that was when I feel into a sink hole that looked a little muddy, well I lost the whole front end loader and all into the mud hole. Tried to pull it out with the truck but it wouldn't budge. So I got out 580 super L and lifted it out with the backhoe. My dad wasn't very impressed with this since I went into a partnership with him so he owned half of the Kubota. I told him I used my half to lift it out.<br>Chase
Old 01-13-2003, 08:46 AM
Buz

I'd been asking myself the same question since last spring, ....which tractor. I too have a fetish for green, but when it came down to $$$ it was Kubota all the way. I started looking at the grand L series. I thought that was what I needed for My 500 acres in southeast Ohio. As I looked at the bigger grand L's, I realized that for almost the same money I could jump up to the M series. I bought the M 4900 -50.5 HP and 45 pto hp. One word ....Awesome. Great power, very quiet (comparable to my lawn tractor), and the **** thing seems as if it uses no fuel. <br>Who knows if I will ever go green, cuz the orange is workin real well for me.<br><br>Regarding pricing, definiately go to the kubota web page, pull up the dealer locator and call a bunch of local dealers. Its amazing what you can do when you start a price war between dealers. When I started looking My first quote was $23,300 and I ended up buying mine for $18200( 4wd,AG tires 16.9-28's, an upgrade, and 2 remotes,also an upgrade), and looking back I probably could have done better If I'd played hardball with the dealer a little more. Good luck. I feel you will be happy with a new bota. A friend of mine had the exact tractor you are looking at and was really pleased. Also check out the MX 5000, which seems to be between the Grand L series and The M series as far as &quot;heavy-duty-ness&quot;. The MX 5000 is a somewhat basic tractor, but a lot of machine for the money, and I bet nearly the same price as the L3000<br>Later, Buz.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:52 AM

I'll agree Kubota's are tough as nails. We had a 70's model L275DT before we got our 4600 JD. It musta had about 15,000hours on it and it was completely shot. But we had a loader on it that was two times too big for it and I pulled a manure spreader that shoulda had a 60-70 hp tractor on it. And we had hired hands beating the hell out of it for 20+years.
Old 01-13-2003, 04:19 PM

Sweet!<br><br>You guys are making this choice real easy. 8)<br><br>Went and looked a some of the Botas this weekend, no one had the exact tractor I'm looking for but got a chance to try a few smaller one out. The loaders on these Bota's are awesome, dang thing feels like it could lift a house. The dealer shot me a price of $26,000 on the tractor I want, that is with several options like extra lights, 2 remotes on the back, wheel weights, and foldable R.O.P.'s. I'm going to start calling a few local dealer and wait for the Machinery show and see what I can get.<br><br>Thanks a lot guys.<br><br>DB<br><br>
Old 01-13-2003, 05:21 PM

I am telling you, call Daryl Mordt. Tell him Lucas told you to call and I don't think anybody will beat his deal. 636-528-8575. Your not that far from us. Make the call 8)

Quick Reply: Kubota Tractors