General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

John Deere SKid loaders

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John Deere SKid loaders

Hey y'all. i was wondering if any of you have had any experience with JD skid loaders? I just got a job for the winter and the company is buying a brand new one. are the controls easy to run, form what i was told they are hand controls like the Case skid loaders which is nice cuz i already run a 1835 case. thanks for the info

Nick
Old 09-01-2006, 10:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The one I borrowed from my friend a bit ago was foot controled, its a fairly newer non turbo model, not sure of the exact one. It seemed ok.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:44 PM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

Originally Posted by BowtiedCTD
Hey y'all. i was wondering if any of you have had any experience with JD skid loaders? I just got a job for the winter and the company is buying a brand new one. are the controls easy to run, form what i was told they are hand controls like the Case skid loaders which is nice cuz i already run a 1835 case. thanks for the info

Nick
I think you can change them to either or. I know you can on the Bobcat. I just had one in the yard not long ago. JD is a good machine think they would have that but maybe not.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Banned

well i know the only thing they have for it so far is a Gold key. and i think they made sure it was hand operated, cuz the guy demoing the stuff hates foot controls. i personally like hand controls better. especially on bumpy terrain and i think it would be better in the snow. atleast i would be more comfy and have better reaction time. thanks for the info so far. its wierd i have run Cat, Case, tecuche, and bobcat and they were all hand controls of some sort. except the bobcat and that was just plain weird for me.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
A Bobcat I worked had both foot and hand controls. Hands moved the bobcat and also activated your implement (in my case it was a hydraulic jack hammer). The foot controls moved the arms.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:22 AM

I am the manager of a rental store in missouri and we run mostly john deere skid steers. we have either hand or foot control models. the hand controls are very similar to case style. bobcat is completely different they have electric servos to operate the hydraulic valve for their hand controls.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by BowtiedCTD
well i know the only thing they have for it so far is a Gold key. and i think they made sure it was hand operated, cuz the guy demoing the stuff hates foot controls. i personally like hand controls better. especially on bumpy terrain and i think it would be better in the snow. atleast i would be more comfy and have better reaction time. thanks for the info so far. its wierd i have run Cat, Case, tecuche, and bobcat and they were all hand controls of some sort. except the bobcat and that was just plain weird for me.
I believe that the John Deere skid steers are made by Cat. I don't think they make their own. So this might be good if you have already run the CAT.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Banned

ok, for one John Deere makes their own skid loaders out in IL. second i am still wondering if anyone has experience with the JD skid loaders and how they worked for them compared to a case or cat? and i am 100% certain it will be hand controlled.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Banned

I'd get case or cat. Cat is probably more reputable.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Banned

im not the one buyingthe skid loader. i just get to run it all winter long. and i would actually go with a CAse just on person taste and the fact that i have a bunch more experience in a case than cat. and on the whole reputation thing, im not too sure but from around me both are reputable.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:48 AM

as far as I'm concerned the Cat's are top of the line, & all the John Deere's I've run were hand & foot controlled just like the older bobcat brand & all the New Holland's, I personally have never ran a JD that was totally hand controlled??? Dusty
Old 09-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Banned

all i know about this john deere they are getting is that it hasnt even been made yet. and that they wont buy one that has foot controls. i was just wondering experiences and how they handle?
Old 09-05-2006, 07:21 AM

I actually like the JD the best. better visability, very responsive, good power. We run both rubber tires and rubbertrack machines. IMO JD is the best bang for the buck to. All the others are good i just prefer JD.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Banned

Thanks blues, i was wondering about that kind of stuff cuz ive never ran a JD before.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably the machine with the best rearward visibility is the New Holland.. Also they have more forward Boom reach.

Personally we own a Bobcat, (because that's who gave us the best deal)

The New Hollands are also availabe with foot controls.

Quick Reply: John Deere SKid loaders