General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

I'm done with Diesel Power Mag

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 08:18 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think what bothers me the most is when I see the "shootouts" between the big three. The trucks are never setup the same and Ford wins regardless of being the lesser powered of the 3 trucks. I am not biass towards any truck. I've owned all three of them (6.0 ps and the LBZ) they all have there ups and downs. Im just angry with the constant putdowns of the Chevy and the Dodge. I like a magazine with FACTS not someones opinion
Old 07-03-2006, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by jeffahart
If no specific order! Why did they number them? Everyone knows you start at ten then work up list to top, or the best. First time I bought the mag. Was excited about it, got some beer sat in my backyard with a cigar to relax ! Ended up tossing the mag on the ground and stompping the hell out of it . After my first six pack I threw over by the trash cans and ****** on it.

Take that!!!!!
You may want to enroll in some anger management courses.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael1

Those classes always made me mad.

Old 07-03-2006, 04:34 PM

In my opinion the dmax deserves to be in the picture, just because it hasn't been around as long dosen't mean a **** thing! Chevy always struggled with there diesels when everybody else was making headway, then chevy comes out with a good motor and every body puts it down, but can't nobody say anything now thay make great power with little mods, and seem to be pretty reliable! I'm not taking anything away from the cummins(great motor) but you have to admit chevy is here to stay!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Michael1

Only thing that pisses me off is my anger management classes .

JH
Old 07-03-2006, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Those classes always made me mad.

Hey! Next week don't park on the end spot, that's my spot!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 02:35 PM

hemi,u r right,the duramax is a fine engine.its reliable,and can hold some serious horsepower.it will always get props from me,but chevy didnt build this motor as we all know.on the otherhand dodge didnt build the cummins either!
Old 07-05-2006, 02:18 PM

whats a good ctd mag.?

what is a good biased or non biased, ctd magazine subscription??
i almost subscribed to diesel power today..until i read they were owned by ferd unthusiasts..
Old 07-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Banned

The only CTD mag I know of is is TDR. I was gonna subscribe, but found this place. Now I just spend a lot of time on here...
Old 07-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

I'm not saying anything bad about the D-Max or Ford (7.3) They don't deserve to be in the top ten Diesels of all time. I don't think the 610 should be there. The 555 should be not the 610. The D-max is a good engine but to be truthful about it a true diesel is a inline not a v-8. Besides that the D-max is NOT a top 10 diesel. Top 10 light duty deisel yes not the all time top 10
Old 07-08-2006, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Clunk
I'm waitin' onna story about my favorite diesel, the over/under double cranked Fairbanks-Morse locomotive diesel
Hey , ask "Diesel Power " to write an article on it . You never know . They've written about Detroit diesels in Studebakers and Perkins diesels in Jeeps.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jfaulkner
Aparently you guys missed the part of the article that said "In no specific order"
That's what I was going to say. I was like "***?" until I read that. Did anyone else notice the conspicuous absence of Fords 6 point "oh no" PSD?
Old 07-09-2006, 02:09 AM

That mag seriously makes me sick. I feel bad for all the ford owners I see day in and day out. 7.3L were ok (i had one) but the 6.0L are just junk. The only way I will read Diesel Power again is if they bash the 6.slow.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by one54ton
The only way I will read Diesel Power again is if they bash the 6.slow.
All of the magazines have to be diplomatic especially when most of the advertisers are selling for the 6. UOh. The closest thing I have seen to 6.0 bashing is in Diesel World about stacking controllers, it says don't do it on a 6.0L
Old 07-09-2006, 07:36 PM

I will have to agree the magazine sucks.As for the top 10 diesel...Yea,only one they got right was the Original.It should have been #1 but I would have put the Ford 6.9L 2nd since it kinda drug the diesel truck market outta the sewer after all the General Mistakes(hmmm,Remember the 5.7 in cars....or the Wildly underpowered 6.2 in trucks?).3rd would have to be the 5.9L 12 valve cummins since(and this is comming from a hardcore Ford IDI diesel guy!) these suckers are next to impossible to kill,easy to mod,and took the diesel truck market to a whole new place!Then the 3406 cat,DT466,etc in no particular order....

Quick Reply: I'm done with Diesel Power Mag