General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

I really felt sorry for a Ford owner today.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 08:25 PM
8bm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really felt sorry for a Ford owner today.

I wish I had a video camera today! I was following a 2008 or newer Ford Superduty today onto a long uphill bridge approach on our local highway. As he rolled into the throttle,(I guess he thought he'd leave my Cummins in the dust), rich, thick blue smoke came billowing out his double tipped exhaust. I couldn't believe it! And it did not stop! It was blowing blue for the whole length of the hill. I pulled out to pass him and glanced over as I went by. The look on his face said it all. I really hope that poor guy gets that truck fixed. Is that why they call Ford "the blue oval?"
Old 01-23-2009, 08:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't feel bad for him. After all he did make it up the hill.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:44 PM

he is one of the lucky ones
Old 01-23-2009, 10:08 PM

hey at least they circled there problem . i have been trying to put the ford VS dodge to the test with my company for about 2.5 years now and every time im like lets go you wussy, and he is like my truck is going to the shop for injectors or something. its not even worth talking about. my truck starts up -15*F no issues no pluging it in nothing his gots to plug it in at 30* lol because you know its injectors are bad and im not talkin 1 truck hes got over 5 and i dont care if its stock 1's or not they are all 550's that weight over 13000lbs, 1 even weights in at 17500. me and him strapped chains 1 night (im 7200lbs
and change and i put it at stock hp), hes got his 14000lbs tool hauler turned up 100hp, he was ****** and so was I and i said i bet my pay check ill pull u backwards (i had 61hrs that week at about 30 an hr thats a lot of coin to bet) and guess what, little did he know he had a bad turbo and was only running on 7 out of 8 injectors on his and i quote he said its the best diesel truck out there he said lol talk about a bad time to find out. got 1 good pay check that week tho's motors (6.0/6.4) are toilets even when you think they run good. but i do have to say besides motors even tho that 6.4 is an awsome motor compared to the 6.0 (they say they get about 1 6.4 for every 10 6.0's back for sevice) and mines never been back an mines had 400+hp sense 5k miles. they have alot of work to do to keep up with the best motor out there. im going to hook up again when he gets it back and with a little luck ill show him again.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:53 PM

I read that Navistar will stop selling Ford the 6.4 at the end of 2009. Ford will release their own 6.7 V8. How many different engines has Ford used in their pickups? I think their trucks are really good looking but the motor issues are ridiculous!
Old 01-24-2009, 01:35 AM

i lost count after the 7.3.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Zeus1987
i lost count after the 7.3.
quit caring after the 7.3 was gone
Old 01-24-2009, 07:25 AM
JKM

Originally Posted by 06dodgedrw
hey at least they circled there problem . i have been trying to put the ford VS dodge to the test with my company for about 2.5 years now and every time im like lets go you wussy, and he is like my truck is going to the shop for injectors or something. its not even worth talking about. my truck starts up -15*F no issues no pluging it in nothing his gots to plug it in at 30* lol because you know its injectors are bad and im not talkin 1 truck hes got over 5 and i dont care if its stock 1's or not they are all 550's that weight over 13000lbs, 1 even weights in at 17500. me and him strapped chains 1 night (im 7200lbs
and change and i put it at stock hp), hes got his 14000lbs tool hauler turned up 100hp, he was ****** and so was I and i said i bet my pay check ill pull u backwards (i had 61hrs that week at about 30 an hr thats a lot of coin to bet) and guess what, little did he know he had a bad turbo and was only running on 7 out of 8 injectors on his and i quote he said its the best diesel truck out there he said lol talk about a bad time to find out. got 1 good pay check that week tho's motors (6.0/6.4) are toilets even when you think they run good. but i do have to say besides motors even tho that 6.4 is an awsome motor compared to the 6.0 (they say they get about 1 6.4 for every 10 6.0's back for sevice) and mines never been back an mines had 400+hp sense 5k miles. they have alot of work to do to keep up with the best motor out there. im going to hook up again when he gets it back and with a little luck ill show him again.
I don't know about the rest of you guys , but I read this three times and it still doesn't make a lot of sense, I can write stuff that makes more sense, after drinking a whole case or barley pop.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Cummins Freak
quit caring after the 7.3 was gone
amen. in my honest opinion this is the only other diesel engine i think i would buy
Old 01-24-2009, 10:13 AM

Yup

Originally Posted by JKM
I don't know about the rest of you guys , but I read this three times and it still doesn't make a lot of sense, I can write stuff that makes more sense, after drinking a whole case or barley pop.
God bless punctuation. Oh, and spell check too.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Friend on mine has a 05' 6.0...... Motor went at 45,000 miles. He will be out of the 5 year warranty by the end of the year. He knows he needs to get out of the truck once the warranty is gone but he dosen't want anything to do with the 6.4 engine. He knows it also has issues. He is actually waiting for the new Dodge trucks to come out with the full size Crew Cab and long bed. Boy is he in a delima. The guy above was not so wise.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:05 PM

I was talking to a Ford tech the other day, an he told me the 6.0L is not a good motor for tose that use their truck like a minivan. The motors need to be run and run fairly hard to make them last. Kinda like a 6.7 Cummins, they were not built to go get grocerys with. Now saying this I will never buy one! But I think the 6.0 got some bad rep, because a lot a soccer moms and city folk bought them and now are ****** they have issues. I think if the guys that work their trucks were on here they would tell you its not as bad as it sounds.
DS79
Old 01-24-2009, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by JKM
Now that's funny
Old 01-24-2009, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by JKM
So ... let's see it
Old 01-24-2009, 04:49 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

our farm truck is an 89 ford 350 with the 7.3 i hual wood with it while dragging a cam superliner trailer it pulls ok but to get over these new hampshire humps you have to keep your foot in it which i don't mind i wish i could talk'em in to putting that little muffler back on again though

Quick Reply: I really felt sorry for a Ford owner today.