General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Got a SuperDuty owned good today

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too funny. Hey Homestead, don't know if you remember me but we ran into each other there in Cochrane, I own a Irrigation Company, and we were talking Trailers and Dodge diesels,(Go Figure). Anyhow, nice trailer looks sharp, thanks for refering me to this site, I troll it quite offen now. Lots of good people in here who have a appreciation for the big inline 6. So I just wanted to say thanks and cya round soon.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:36 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good work...

That must be on the order sheet for the V-8 Diesel option.. "chip on shoulder" Some Fords never learn..
Old 11-23-2005, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lil Dog
Good work...

That must be on the order sheet for the V-8 Diesel option.. "chip on shoulder" Some Fords never learn..
Aint that the truth! It always seems to me that deep down many know the Cummins is a better engine so they must be very defensive in order to keep this fact covered up. Oh, well. Some people just choose the wrong road.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This being my first diesel, I have noticed that those in the Fords have an inferiorority complex (not most, but quite a few). No joke. Oh well, mines bigger . Any chance I get though, I fill up on the big boys island. With the vent mod, 5 minutes I'm gone!
Old 11-23-2005, 04:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
HA HA, that story !!!
Old 11-23-2005, 05:23 PM

I agree with the chip on the shoulder comment. Most of the SD guys I have run into are pretty snotty when it comes to their trucks. Met a few Dmax guys who had attitutes but most of them are pretty cool.

Hey Pipes!!

I wondered where you had gotten to! Glad to see your still around. You should try and make it out on Dec 3rd for our little Alberta BS session in Red Deer.

Jeff
Old 11-23-2005, 06:47 PM

I had a OTR truck driver going nuts a month ago. It was cold out so the windows where up and I couldent hear a word he was saying but he just kep motioning for me to move over to the next pump. I was already headed into the one i wanted and rite up till I got out he was adamit abought getting me on the pump next to him. After I got the nozzle in the tank and started filling I wallked over and asked him what he was trying to say. Turns out the nozle next to him was a small nozzle and he was just trying to be freindly and save me the time and trouble of getting into the wrong pump. Buy time I explained to him that Dodge put a large filler neck on them unlike Fords, it was full and it was time to go. He thought that was prety cool that my little truck could take a full blast from the big nozzle.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Banned

So what filler neck diameter do you guys have?

What diameter of pump are we talking about here?
Old 11-23-2005, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Begle1
So what filler neck diameter do you guys have?

What diameter of pump are we talking about here?
the small nozzle is the same size as the gassers nozzle(roughly), our fill necks are the same size, they just don't have the restrictor in the tube(like the gassers)
Old 11-23-2005, 10:33 PM

funny stuff
Old 11-24-2005, 08:15 AM

duh

Oh, that why my last fill up went so quick. It was the first time I used the big boy nozzle. I never noticed the pump difference before.
I started the pump, got back in my truck to log down my numbers and I heard the pump click off before I finished with my log, turned around and said "what the". Now I know.
I guess some of us newbie still need to get a clue.. Good story though, Homestead.

gobble gobble
Old 11-24-2005, 10:54 AM

.....but it doesn't matter how fast it fills because I'll always get behind the **** that has to stand there for 10 minutes to dribble that last oz of fuel in. Fill it till it clicks and get the he77 out of the way!
Old 11-24-2005, 11:07 AM
Chapter President

Red face

I would be that said "****" J Body...

For me it seems to click early and I can get over 10 litres more fuel in after it pops. I fill it to the top every time to get accurate fuel mileage calcs...

so if I see your rig, you can go first OK???
Old 11-24-2005, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by one54ton
I love it! Ford guys have no clue what is goin on!

I got a clue, ditched the dodge and bought the ford.

Also to keep on topic, i dont have any problems fueling up with the large pump.

luke
Old 11-24-2005, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Homestead
the Ford pulls out and rips past me and pulls up to the pump.

This is what the guy says to me....."If you had bought a real diesel, you would have been fast enough to beat me to the pump"

Gave him a burp of soot as I pulled out of there laughing my butt off!!!!!

Just thought I'd share this with you guys!!!!

Jeff
Sounds to me like the Ford guy wished he had a CTD. And the PSD will be at the pumps and the shop more often too, he probably knows this or he soon will. I bet it was real tempting to give him more than just a burp of smoke.

Quick Reply: Got a SuperDuty owned good today