General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Got a SuperDuty owned good today

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Got a SuperDuty owned good today

On my way home today, had to stop at the cardlock and fuel up. Pulled in off the highway and had a Ford right on my butt. As I pull into the cardlock lot, the Ford pulls out and rips past me and pulls up to the pump.

This cardlock is mainly for highway trucks but it has one pump with the "small" nozzle for cars and trucks. Of course, this is the pump he pulls up to. Whatever, I just drive thru, turn around and stop opposite him at the big nozzle pump. Of course, by the time I get out of the truck and walk up to the card reader, he is pumping fuel out of the "small" nozzle pump.

This is what the guy says to me....."If you had bought a real diesel, you would have been fast enough to beat me to the pump"

I looked at him for a second and replied......"If you had bought a real diesel, you would be able to fuel with the big boys and use the real diesel pumps!" As I said this, I dropped the "BIG" nozzle into the filler neck of the old Dodge. Conversation was a little quiet from the peanut gallery after that. Guy wouldn't even look at me and I even finished fueling first!!

Gave him a burp of soot as I pulled out of there laughing my butt off!!!!!

Just thought I'd share this with you guys!!!!

Jeff
Old 11-22-2005, 06:28 PM

I love it! Ford guys have no clue what is goin on!
Old 11-22-2005, 06:32 PM

...niiiiice
Old 11-22-2005, 06:58 PM

I love to get diesel

It is always fun when I go and fill up my TDI Jetta. Every once in a while I get someone running out telling me to stop pumping diesel fuel into my VW. I laugh .. Yesterday I went to fill up the 1st gen and I had some guy in a new 6.0 Ford try to show off with a little smoke action. He went inside to grab something to drink and I pumped. He left before me but we ended up meeting at the light I showed him what 160 hp and 400 ft lb would do. I slowed down to give him a thumbs up. He was a little upset
Old 11-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I'm still confused about these "big pump"/ "little pump" issues...

What's the difference? Just nozzle size? Where are these "big" Diesel pumps?

Why can't the big pumps fit in Fords? Do they have smaller filler necks?

Do I have a large enough filler neck?

I'm ignerent...
Old 11-22-2005, 07:12 PM

The big pumps flow much faster for a much quicker fill up...

Hondo
Old 11-22-2005, 07:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
On the other side the greater flow sometimes damages the tank float if you are not careful. Too mush flow can damage it. Also more foaming when filling also. I usually go with the smaller nozzle but I have used the Large nozzle but I just throttled it a little.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Chapter President

I filled up the other day with a high flow pump the other day for the first time. About messed my drawers when I was done pumping 33.6 gals in about 2.5 mins.
tom
Old 11-22-2005, 08:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll bet that guy still pumps the fuel pedal when he starts the powerchoke.

They still think there are driving gasers.

Dave
Old 11-22-2005, 08:52 PM

I had a Ford

My Ford would air lock if I used the big nozzle. My 05 Dodge takes it just fine. I hope the Dodge boys were smart enough to not put the float right under the filler neck. It is a long tank and it could be pretty far away. I just have to make sure I get the nozzle in past the vent tube.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Homestead
...... I dropped the "BIG" nozzle into the filler neck of the old Dodge......
....I do that all the time up here in the land of 'Strokes. If I get any guff from them, I crank it over and holler "Hear that? That's what a real diesel sounds like." They hate that...
Old 11-22-2005, 11:21 PM

My 01 FlowerPoke took the big nozzle just fine. I always filled up and the truck island.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:37 AM

Jeff, maybe you should have asked him if he wanted to siphon some fuel from your tank???

Old 11-23-2005, 06:46 AM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by one54ton
I love it! Ford guys have no clue what is goin on!
That is SO untrue. This Ford owner bought a Dodge.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Homestead
On my way home today, had to stop at the cardlock and fuel up. Pulled in off the highway and had a Ford right on my butt. As I pull into the cardlock lot, the Ford pulls out and rips past me and pulls up to the pump.

This cardlock is mainly for highway trucks but it has one pump with the "small" nozzle for cars and trucks. Of course, this is the pump he pulls up to. Whatever, I just drive thru, turn around and stop opposite him at the big nozzle pump. Of course, by the time I get out of the truck and walk up to the card reader, he is pumping fuel out of the "small" nozzle pump.

This is what the guy says to me....."If you had bought a real diesel, you would have been fast enough to beat me to the pump"

I looked at him for a second and replied......"If you had bought a real diesel, you would be able to fuel with the big boys and use the real diesel pumps!" As I said this, I dropped the "BIG" nozzle into the filler neck of the old Dodge. Conversation was a little quiet from the peanut gallery after that. Guy wouldn't even look at me and I even finished fueling first!!

Gave him a burp of soot as I pulled out of there laughing my butt off!!!!!

Just thought I'd share this with you guys!!!!

Jeff
Thats a way to kill his trip.....

Tx

Quick Reply: Got a SuperDuty owned good today