General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

GM to buy Chrysler

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mcmopar
I had the headache of maintaining a fleet of vehicles for an environmental company at one point in my career, they were Chevy/GMC vehicles (dually trucks and vans) all I have to say is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE-You guys think the 47 was a soft transmission-ha, the 4L80E or whatever they called it crapped out about every 18,000 miles in one of the trucks, and rear axles on a 3500 series van, changed those out more than the oil!!

My 2000 Trans Am came with 4L60E which is the lesser of the 4L80E and its been great. Not to mention makes about 450hp and 410 trq with a 3400 stall
with many 1/4mile trips on her and all I've done is a tranny cooler. all with 90,000 miles on her.

The 48re thats in my cummins (Dodge) can't seem to figure out what gear it wants to be in. I'm not saying its a bad trans just not what I'd expect for top of the line for Dodge trucks.

And you have no clue how those guys treated those truck/vans either.
I never said one brand was better then another I like them all. your the one saying Dodge is better then GM.
Well I hate to break it to ya for decades other haven't agreed with you, why do you think Dodge has almost went under several times and about to again unless someones buys them. Ask yourself thats???????
Old 02-20-2007, 03:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKBIRD8200
And you have no clue how those guys treated those truck/vans either.
I never said one brand was better then another I like them all. your the one saying Dodge is better then GM.
Well I hate to break it to ya for decades other haven't agreed with you, why do you think Dodge has almost went under several times and about to again unless someones buys them. Ask yourself thats???????
Oh yes I do know how they treated them, and READ my post, did I ever mention Dodge or Ford??? NO, I simply said that GM is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!! Oh, in case you have not been paying attention, GM is in such bad financial shape, they are almost out of business too!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
Having just come from the GM camp, yes, they have SOME garbage....... But the 4L80E isnt one of them........... If you had a truck killing them, there was another factor at work.

Cant we just all get along?????
Old 02-21-2007, 02:32 AM

Personally, I don't care who buys Chysler, as long as they are still around in a year and a half so I can buy my truck.

Might not be bad if the Chinese bought it, they are using the Japanese model of quality control and service and would probably be an improvement on the current situation.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:07 AM

Besides, the Chinese people love Americans!!
Old 02-21-2007, 03:26 PM

Oh yes I do know how they treated them, and READ my post, did I ever mention Dodge or Ford??? NO, I simply said that GM is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!! Oh, in case you have not been paying attention, GM is in such bad financial shape, they are almost out of business too!!!
So you were with those trucks on a daily base??? No so you don't know how they were treated. You can only assume like I stated before. You don't know for a fact you only know what they tell you.

GM is in bad shape, but not as bad as Dodge??????? Besides like I stated before Dodge has already been bailed out twice before, and going on a third Whats that tell you, people are not buying their products. Sorry you can't argue with that, you can try all you want but facts are facts.

And you already stated that the 4L80E was junk .And you clearly have NO CLUE what you are talking about there.

You can go on ranting that GM is junk all you want .
The facts still remain Dodge is going under AGAIN, And GM is still doing better.
And why do you think thats is????????????????? Because everyone likes to buy ABSOLUTE GARBAGE???? Wrong they buy GM, because more people trust GM then Dodge. plain and simple
Old 02-21-2007, 03:33 PM

^^^^yeah, okie dokie..
Old 02-21-2007, 03:35 PM

How about a Silverado based Ram?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17242223/
Old 02-21-2007, 03:47 PM

So you were with those trucks on a daily base??? No so you don't know how they were treated. You can only assume like I stated before. You don't know for a fact you only know what they tell you.

GM is in bad shape, but not as bad as Dodge??????? Besides like I stated before Dodge has already been bailed out twice before, and going on a third Whats that tell you, people are not buying their products. Sorry you can't argue with that, you can try all you want but facts are facts.

And you already stated that the 4L80E was junk .And you clearly have NO CLUE what you are talking about there.

You can go on ranting that GM is junk all you want .
The facts still remain Dodge is going under AGAIN, And GM is still doing better.
And why do you think thats is????????????????? Because everyone likes to buy ABSOLUTE GARBAGE???? Wrong they buy GM, because more people trust GM then Dodge. plain and simple
I was with them on a daily basis, so I DO know. And that tranny was junk--in more than one truck. Go to your Chevy web site and spew your trash, GM has always made junk and always will. Again you are assuming I am saying Chryler is better READ my posts, I never said that did I???????? I'll say it one more timeI NEVER SAID CHRYSLER WAS BETTER!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by mcoleman
I don't think my truck qualifies as a cherry. At least not anymore.

Are you saying your truck is of loose moral values?
Old 02-21-2007, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally, i would like it if a American-based manufactuer actually bought out Dodge. Not much of a Ford fan but they will do too. If not then the smart thing would be to go to a machine shop and have them duplicate a lot of common parts that we could sell saying something like "Made in the US of A for Dodge Trucks". Sell the parts, make some money, (half off for DTR guys?! ), then buy Dodge back from whoever owns it. Just thinkin'.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:38 PM

I was with them on a daily basis, so I DO know. And that tranny was junk--in more than one truck. Go to your Chevy web site and spew your trash, GM has always made junk and always will. Again you are assuming I am saying Chryler is better READ my posts, I never said that did I???????? I'll say it one more timeI NEVER SAID CHRYSLER WAS BETTER!!!!!!
Well then buddy what are you saying??? If you said GM is absolute garbage then that either means 2 things that you think Dodge is better or dodge is worse??????????? get a clue

If I said I hate M&M's and I'm eating a snickers that more then likely means I think the snickers is better then the M&M's. Correct me if I'm wrong for thinking that

Sorry I took it diferent when you said you had serviced them for a company in the past as workers work put of all of them and you fix all of them. mean you are not with them 24/7. If thats wrong sorry my mistake.

Just because of standing up for GM on a dodge site dosen't mean I love GM!!!!!
It means I"m not onesided. As most die hard GM/FORD/DODGE fans. I like them all. and they all have their strong points. just because you had a problem with a few GM products it dosen't mean they're all garbage.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:56 PM

Wellget a clue

Oh I got a clue alright...........
Old 02-21-2007, 04:56 PM

Not to jet off topic... but the 4L80E is a pretty tuff transmission..

As for all of this.. I'd hate to get my hopes up, or down.. and then have a trail go on for months deciding where it should go.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Ok, I think this one has run its course.