General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

GM to buy Chrysler

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 74dart
. Nothing says class like a woodgrain sticker on the side of a car.

It even had the woodgrain stickers down the side. There's a pic of it in my gallery on my trailer on its way to the crusher
Old 02-19-2007, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by FATCAT
I had a 1988 Chevy 3/4 ton 4X4 automatic ... worst vehicle that ever existed.
3 flywheels, 8 starters, 3 head gaskets, 8 complete sets of ball joints, 4 radiators, multiple rear axle seals, 3 EFI units, etc. etc. etc.....
I bought that truck twice over.

Worse than my folks old '77 Chrysler Cordoba.
So 1 car that you owned somes up an entire brand. Thats a lame reason
Old 02-19-2007, 07:22 PM

THE RUMOR AT WARREN TRUCK IN DETROIT IS THAT THEY ARE GOING TO AUCTION THE COMPANY OFF ON E-BAY!!! LETS POOL OUR MONEY!! AS A DCX WORKER I'M THINKING ABOUT MY CAREER CHOICE.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EClancy
hmmm, we had an '87 reliant K wagon, (a k-car). once the body rusted off the rest of the car, i took the 287kmi 2.5l motor and put it in an acclaim, and drove it some more. that was 3 years ago, and i sold to a guy in town, whos wife drives it every day. i would never call a k-car a POS.
Many years ago my dad used to be on the road a lot, he'd put nearly 100K a year on and drove K-Kars

I have to say they were dirt cheap to run and were always quite dependable for him... He traded them fairly regurlarly but drove them hard and was not as keen on maintenance as he should have been.

I too have a soft spot for the K-Kar, the last one he bought we kept nearly forever it seemed and I drove it through Highschool. It gave little trouble.. I think we put a headgasket in it as it approached 200K
Old 02-19-2007, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by BLACKBIRD8200
I guess I forgot to mention the service, or lack there of, from the Chevy dealer. They screwed things up and I would have to go back (sometimes the same day). One time my dash lights went out and had to have them fix it. Told them make sure the machanic grounded himself before fooling around in the dash (as per the manual).
When I got my truck back the dash lights worked but none of the gauges did.
Went to the service manager to complain about the gauges and he asked if I could prove the gauges were working when I came in for service.
Last time I went to a GM anything for service or sales.

Terrible company, crapped all over their customers.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Hdmax
Would you Dodge fans prefer the Chinese, or Indians buy Chrysler? How about Russia? Because it is a givin that MB no longer wants the headache of owning it, and they will sale to whomever will pay. And China would love to get a foot in the door with a company this size.
this guy has a point, rather ford buy them before chinese get a hold of them
Old 02-20-2007, 07:29 AM

Hmmm They mentioned this morning on the bloomberg report that Hyundai and one other company called cherry or something like that were looking at putting in bids on Chrysler.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKBIRD8200
I had the headache of maintaining a fleet of vehicles for an environmental company at one point in my career, they were Chevy/GMC vehicles (dually trucks and vans) all I have to say is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE-You guys think the 47 was a soft transmission-ha, the 4L80E or whatever they called it crapped out about every 18,000 miles in one of the trucks, and rear axles on a 3500 series van, changed those out more than the oil!!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:00 AM

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto...1933.html?pg=1

Looks like the Hyundai rumors by the news media were false. They said no way and some Asian company is reported to not be interested due to union labor costs.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by mcoleman
Hmmm They mentioned this morning on the bloomberg report that Hyundai and one other company called cherry or something like that were looking at putting in bids on Chrysler.
Cherry is a Chinese automaker.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 74dart
Cherry is a Chinese automaker.
How would you like to tell your buddies you drive a CHERRY!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 10:01 AM

I don't think my truck qualifies as a cherry. At least not anymore.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by FATCAT
I guess I forgot to mention the service, or lack there of, from the Chevy dealer. They screwed things up and I would have to go back (sometimes the same day). One time my dash lights went out and had to have them fix it. Told them make sure the machanic grounded himself before fooling around in the dash (as per the manual).
When I got my truck back the dash lights worked but none of the gauges did.
Went to the service manager to complain about the gauges and he asked if I could prove the gauges were working when I came in for service.
Last time I went to a GM anything for service or sales.

Terrible company, crapped all over their customers.
And DC has done the same to their customers also.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by mcoleman
That is Chery, and it is a Chinese owned company. Like I said earlier, the Chinese would love to buy an established US auto company. That would be the best case for them, but more then likely the end of Dodge/Chrysler as we have all known for so long.
I think it would spell disaster in the long run. But hey, what does MB care? They have lost billions on this company, and now want to dump it just to get out from under it.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I can say that Chevy dealers are just as crappy as I’ve heard about Dodge. What I enjoyed (being part of my extended family on my moms side loves GMC/Chevy) was when I was told that when my second cousin went back to the selling dealership to have the oil changed on his 06 Maxipad, they charged him $45.00 more then what his uncle paid for the same oil change in his 06 truck with the same engine, 2 days before my cousin had his changed. Needless to say that small town dealer has lost all of the business of the family because of it. When will all dealerships learn to not be so darn money hungry to the people who buy cars and trucks from them?

Quick Reply: GM to buy Chrysler