General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Getting Truck Painted - Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting Truck Painted - Opinions

Hey there, well I am getting the truck painted in the fall sometime and I need to pick out a colour because as nice as black is when its clean, every little scratch, dent, and particle of dust can be seen on it so I want to go with a different colour. I was going to go with a dark silver metallic like seen in many new cars, then with blacked out windows and chrome my H2 Rims. But what I have really noticed lately is that black/silver two-tone that the Ferds have. It keeps the clean styling of the black, but it is silver where the majority of the scratches, dents and mud gets. I planned on picking up a sport front end, then having the grille black, then the hood and then keep the hood line straight to the back of the pickup and up black, then the rest of the truck a dark silver metallic. The only problem I can see running into is the black on the bed rails, I would have to find some way to protect it because alot of stepping and handling is done there. I was going to run a kind of homemade back rack, that is a little bit wider, then stacks behind it, if you guys can picture what I am talking about, how do you think it will look on a regular cab long bed? Thanks.

-Jared

PS. The ford paint job I am talking about can be found on the Harley Davidson Editions, the two-tone paint jobs that they have.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:55 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

go flat black, along with black rims.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My '96 is two tone with black on top and bottom and the silver/light driftwood in the middle and a double red pin strip on the top dividing line. I also have the stainless panels on the bottom all the way from front tire to rear bumper. The hood does show a lot of stone chips as they use pea gravel instead of sand in the winter, so i am forever touching it up. You could do like they do with the spray in bed liners on the rails by using the rock guard they put on the rocker panels.
Just my 02 worth.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:58 AM

well, on my dads ford, he has like about a foot high of Line-X on the side of his truck (its black) and then he has silver above it. it works out real good because we live down about 1/2 mile dirt/gravel road and it throws up a little mud and rocks. then when that happens, you just wash it off the Line-X and it doesnt even hurt it.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:19 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Driftwood rules, looks clean even when filthy
Old 07-12-2005, 11:28 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Silver.

I had a Silverado painted with DuPont Chroma base/clear. Kinda like a pewter with some gold pearl.
I went over 5 months between a wash one time, and STILL got compliments at the gas station.
I have alway's been partial to grey&silver. My next door neighboor has a 2000 HO, thats Silver, sweet looking rig.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:33 AM

Well my sister just got a brand new Corolla, and it is in this dark silver metallic and it looks really good with blacked out windows and it looks really clean too. I was going to paint my truck that and I am still thinking about it but I really like the look of that two tone them Harley Davidson Edition Ferds have. That orange/black two tone is real cool lookin too, but mabye a little bit too bright for me. What do you guys think about about the two-tone on a 2nd. Gen Dodge reg. cab Long bed?

-Jared
Old 07-12-2005, 12:15 PM

i personally love the midnight blue with linex on the bottom with blacked out windows
Old 07-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Banned

I gotta agree with Cumns-pwr... Check out the picks of BigBlue and Cowhand. Definately two of the best looking trucks I have ever seen.

I want to Line-X my whole truck. White with balck rockers. I love white trucks. Just love the work truck look...
Old 07-13-2005, 04:33 PM

i wonder what a 100% line-x paint job would look like with blacked out windows and black rims....ultimate mudders paint job
Old 07-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Banned

It looks sweet with chrome rims... I think the black would look way better. Powder coat, not high gloss.