General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

getting some of the meanest looks

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getting some of the meanest looks

i live in the good ole town of lancaster in ohio where it is an everyday thing to see trucks with stacks on it, so naturally i have a truck with stacks... well i have some friends out in Reading, PA this is a city near philly, so i expect some wierd looks from the yuppies driving the mercedes, but i have gotton so many mean looks from people while in this city it is kinda depressing, so i make sure they get behind me and i really make them mad and let the smoke fly... so my guess is that the whole fast truck idea isn't a very popular one, in this area... i don't know i just thought it was interesting.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fuel4me
i live in the good ole town of lancaster in ohio where it is an everyday thing to see trucks with stacks on it, so naturally i have a truck with stacks... well i have some friends out in Reading, PA this is a city near philly, so i expect some wierd looks from the yuppies driving the mercedes, but i have gotton so many mean looks from people while in this city it is kinda depressing, so i make sure they get behind me and i really make them mad and let the smoke fly... so my guess is that the whole fast truck idea isn't a very popular one, in this area... i don't know i just thought it was interesting.
Thats just about everywhere

just think of it this way, that poor yuppie in the benz does not know how to appreciate a solid work truck, that will outrun his car, and is probably paid for anyways. So in the long run, you win twice! whats not to like? hehehehehe

Just keep on truckin

Tx
Old 12-29-2005, 09:23 AM

yup, i see what you mean
Old 12-29-2005, 10:08 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

You should come out to Long Island sometime . I feel like a darned leper sometimes
Old 12-29-2005, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisLib
You should come out to Long Island sometime . I feel like a darned leper sometimes
I got Family in Lloyd harbor. Yeah I can see what you mean by that statement. Id love to bring my truck out there and rip through that town probably go to jail lol
Old 12-29-2005, 12:07 PM

Born and raised in Oyster Bay... my first "car" was a w350 diesel...I now live upstate but come back to the island to visit family...you are preachin to the chior
Old 12-29-2005, 12:10 PM

TRY DRIVING IN CALI WITH STACKS
Old 12-29-2005, 12:16 PM

I don't think this phenomenon is "coastal"... even here in the midwest, I get snears because my truck is too loud and I don't even have stacks.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:42 PM

i hear all of ya
Old 12-29-2005, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by fuel4me
...so i make sure they get behind me and i really make them mad and let the smoke fly...
ok, you may like the sound your truck creates, but it doesnt mean they have to like it. technically, if you are within the requirements of the law then they have to deal with it. but you did modify your exhaust which is not allowed and it probably doesnt have a catalytic converter anymore. you should be fortunate enough no one has called you in and have a cop write you up for multiple citations.

and the smoke thing...that isnt helping whatsoever, you are helping to create a bad name towards diesels and our hobby.

a nice car doesnt make a yuppie. remember, your truck is very nice to others less fortunate, but you wouldnt want to be considered a yuppie because you can afford it.

why die rich? i'd buy a nice car if i had disposable income.

not saying i dont understand what you are talking about, as many people do over react and cant accept you for you and what you like/enjoy. but how come you cant accept them for them, they are just mean. just the conclusions about others you are jumping to and your response to your assumption about them is what i dont agree with.

just my 0.02

***edit: i am guilty of the loud/modified exhaust as well
Old 12-29-2005, 06:24 PM

I totally relate to what your saying. Pgilles has a good point not to judge. but sometimes others can be so dam mean one can't help but get ****** off back at them.

Dshiftff is from West Haven, CT so he can verify me on this one. U wouldn't believe the looks people give u when u drive thru a wealthy area of CT. like Greenick, Westport, Madison, Guilford, ect. it almost makes u wonder if your not suppose to be there or you're doing something wrong.

i even had a lady yell at me because she thought i was the trash man. I asked why in the world she assumed that, her response was "I heard that nah nah nah nah, knocking noise and i thought it was my trash truck".
***!!
Old 12-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by TopBanana

i even had a lady yell at me because she thought i was the trash man. I asked why in the world she assumed that, her response was "I heard that nah nah nah nah, knocking noise and i thought it was my trash truck".
***!!
Why would you have a cow over that remark? I can totally see someone making that mistake.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You calling me a yuppie!??! Theres plenty of trucks(especially in reading) with stacks...Maybe we could meet up, we live in lancaster, Pa bout 45 minutes from reading...

Mike
Old 12-29-2005, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by TopBanana
I totally relate to what your saying. Pgilles has a good point not to judge. but sometimes others can be so dam mean one can't help but get ****** off back at them.

Dshiftff is from West Haven, CT so he can verify me on this one. U wouldn't believe the looks people give u when u drive thru a wealthy area of CT. like Greenick, Westport, Madison, Guilford, ect. it almost makes u wonder if your not suppose to be there or you're doing something wrong.

***!!
HEHE I work out twards Guilford/Madison All the time I like going through the center of guilford with the looks I get... No one sais I sound like a garbage truck, Dump truck, yes. I take it as a compliment Coustomers usually eye my truck when I get to thier houses. Usually complementary stuff like sounds like a Strong truck etc.... Guess they dont want me to F' thier house up lol
Where abouts are ya Topbananna?
Old 12-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TxDiesel007

just think of it this way, that poor yuppie in the benz does not know how to appreciate a solid work truck, that will outrun his car, and is probably paid for anyways. So in the long run, you win twice! whats not to like? hehehehehe

Just keep on truckin

Tx
I have an 05 e55 Mercedes,my Dodge,and a few other "toys" none of which are stock and all are paid for.Matter of fact,Dodge is the slowest but I love it anyways.

Im not to fond of stacks myself though.I like to smoke out the tailgaters!!

Quick Reply: getting some of the meanest looks