General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Ford Sues Navistar

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by linetrash75
If you don't care for us not saying the 6.0 PS is the best engine ever built go elsewhere. Every 6.0 I have been around is a coolant puking, oil leaking, no power PIG. I work around these trucks daily they are junk.

Jed
But it IS the best !! http://www.powerstrokeregistry.com/page18.html . Do these guys still have a desk at Auto World ?
Old 01-13-2007, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by BowtiedCTD
Nope its definately a 6.0L CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL. Ever here of adjusting for bigger bore???? and to be almost exact its a 6.034L CTD, out of a Case IH Magnum. so do ur research next time.
Sure, I've heard of taking a smaller bore engine and opening up the bore, which makes the displacement larger.

I thought you were referring to a 6.0 PSD since that's the ONLY 6.0L diesel (from the factory) to ever exist in the light/medium duty diesel market.

I'll make sure to research the Case IH Magnum engines out there. It'll be really high on my priority list
Old 01-13-2007, 02:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had the misfortune to have a '93 F350 SuperDuty and a '94 F350 Turbo SuperDuty; both began to literally fall apart when they approached 70K miles.
Not just the engine either: trannies dying on the side of remote interstates, rear axles literally spitting out of the rear differential in a parking lot, clutch linkage failing because F**d used the same part # on every clutch from a V-6 Ranger to a 1-ton PowerStroke... don't get me started on turbos failing, the Rube Goldberg oil-pressurized fuel injectors, the endless front-end problems, or the insanely expensive 100V injector harness on the '94. Of course, the bumper-to-bumper 100K mile warranty amazingly didn't cover these problems, unless they were internally lubricated engne parts. The trucks' innards would be spread all over the shop like an NTSB forensic accident investigation, but by God if oil didn't run through it we paid for it DEARLY.

The dealer (who we spent $100Ks with) always insisted it was the OEM's problem, and F**D always insisted that the problem(s) were between us the customer and the dealer the seller.

Having survived the above trauma for several years, scarred for life as I might be - I've darn sure earned the right to BASH F**d whenever the oppurtunity presents itself, as long as I have breath in my body and a spark of sentience left... not that I'm holding a grudge or anything!

I hate to admit I'd love one of those new retro Mustangs, if nobody knew it was me driving...
Old 01-13-2007, 02:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by XLR8R
Having survived the above trauma for several years, scarred for life as I might be - I've darn sure earned the right to BASH F**d whenever the oppurtunity presents itself, as long as I have breath in my body and a spark of sentience left... not that I'm holding a grudge or anything!

I hate to admit I'd love one of those new retro Mustangs, if nobody knew it was me driving...
I've owned a "57" T-Bird in showroom condition. Loved the car, went to many Ferd shows and won enough trophies to fill my truck. I've LOVE to have a new retro T-bird or a new retro 5L Mustang. I know what I'm getting when I buy a Ford car.

It's the diesel engine they put in the pickup trucks and how they have treated their customers with warranty claims that gets me .

Why anyone would buy a new $50K Ford with a diesel engine in is is beyond comprehension. Then again most guys trade trucks like they do girls friends. Once I find one that works I keep it.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:30 PM

the 6.2s and 6.5s are junk we change injection pumps on them so often . is it bad when you have a drawer set up in your tool box with all the tools needed to change one. with a extra pump sitting in the desk in your office
Old 01-13-2007, 06:57 PM

well i'd agree with the 6.5 with the electronic pump.but i've had at least a half dozen 6.2 and 6.5's and have never had a pump problem.you are correct xlr8r, ford will blame everybody but themselves.just look back at the firestone tire fiasco on the exploders.it wasn't firestones problem,i've seen goodyears and michelins and b.f. goodrichs etc that had separation of the tread,it was the lame front suspensions.firestone caved in to the bigger dog.what do the new fords come on??firestones perhaps!!if that happened to my company you would never see another firestone on my new vehicles.kindof a, your tires are junk and you can take the fall,but when it's all said and done we'll still buy from ya. what did i here recently that in the last fiscal 1/4 that the 6.0 warrenty claims were in the 500 million range??i can see why they are suing navistar.2 billion a year down the drain,about 2 years of that and they might be looking at a name change to say "foyota"
Old 01-13-2007, 07:08 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by XLR8R
The trucks' innards would be spread all over the shop like an NTSB forensic accident investigation,
THAT, paints a picture.... Very nice description.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just like to say im glad this aint a ford bashing site....Cuz id hate to see yall bash the 92 F350 in my brothers driveway. cuz i bet yall think that would be a POS too. and for whoever said the 6.0 is the most unreliable diesl out there must have forgotten about the Chevy 6.2s and 6.5s. and i just love how its always everytime on THIS site that Ford is mentioned it becomes a free for all bash. but then again no one ever admits that there are plenty of POS 24Vs out there. but then again wat can u expect from a DODGE site. oh and i guess my brothers POS 6.o with 47,000 trouble free miles must be a total fluke considerin it whips up on CTDs and dmaxs. but then again only takes one skunk in the hen house to stink up the chicken coupe.

And if u noticed the lawsuit isnt because the motor is a POS, which some are. its because they aint holdin up to their end of the deal and for bumping prices up after a deal was arranged. but i guess i would be bashin too if i had nothing better to do with my time. but i guess im one of the few that can admit all brands have their flaws and have some great ones. but i have noticed alot of that uneducated opinions on here, just cuz u dont know dont give u the right to bash.

So I guess you are just here to flame the site. FYI the 92 f350 has a 7.3 not a 6.0. But good luck to your brother and his 6.0!!! Because will all the real known problems witht hat motor he is going to a depreciation just like the 5.4 does. Unless ofcourse he sells it to a die hard Ford guy like yourself
Old 01-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Easy guys,
Its one thing to discuss the Fords problems, but its another to *bash* them.
Dont let this thread turn personal either, it will be locked in such an event.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had a 1982 GMC 3/4 ton with the 6.2 (mechanical injection pump).
When I traded the old gal in, she had ~402,000 on the odometer and still running great.
The engine out lasted the truck.
Now, with that said, I did have to continuously change the injection pump.
Seems that one pump about every 18 months.Yes, like the previous post, I had many spare pumps and pump parts.

That was a good truck and in the 11 years I owned her, she only made me walk once (when the lower ball joint broke).

Rich.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:08 PM

and im not bashing the 6.2s/6,5s and if u paid attentino lil dog ud notice i have a 6.0L CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL. and this site is notorious for band bashing. and it gets old quick. but of course im branded a Ford lover cuz i stick up for trucks that dont have all horrible problems, just like on ford sites i get branded a Dodge lover cuz i stick up for CUMMINS. but then again i havent seen many dodges or fords out run duramaxs. so then again where does that leave us?
May not 'out run' (my '93 318 Dakota dang sure will - no speed limiter) BUT will D**N SURE OUTPULL THEM!
Old 01-14-2007, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mcmopar
And morons still buy them!!
Exactly. To read the posts that Ford builds the best truck blah blah so I will put up with the engine blah blah. Crazy. As stated resale for the '03 and '04 6.0 PSD is in the toilet. Ford dealers don't want them on trade with over 100k. But these guys still buy them. They deserve what they get. I work too hard for my money to lose 10k a year on a truck.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oh and i guess my brothers POS 6.o with 47,000 trouble free miles must be a total fluke considerin it whips up on CTDs and dmaxs.
Sure it does
Old 01-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
... but then again i havent seen many dodges or fords out run duramaxs. so then again where does that leave us?
Hmm, you must have missed the DHRA finals last year eh?

Yes I read your sig, like it matters. You are on a Dodge site spouting off about the 6.0 Ford, You expect flowers and box of chocolates?? I digress, try and resell one and let us know how you make out.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:44 AM

hahaha pretty much what i was gonna say.I was in the gas station today and some guy was telling me ford makes the best diesels.I said what about all the recalls and warranty work ? He said nope,what are you talking about?Ford makes the best diesels buddy!I said alright,go buy one then.He was young and deserved to be smacked in the head,but I let it go.I keep arguing with guys on other sites that the 12v cummins still rules as the most reliable engine out there.Not to mention that the fastest drag trucks,the best sled pullers,and the top dyno truck all use a 7100 pump.Period.Ya what really gets me is these die hard ford guys who keep coming back for more punishment.I know if I got screwed over by a company I would jump ship instantly.But then again I wouldnt buy a new diesel to begin with.

Quick Reply: Ford Sues Navistar