General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Ford Sues Navistar

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These fellas aren't thrilled about the lawsuit either
Old 01-12-2007, 08:54 PM

I've don't have any major complaints with my 6.2L. It's never let me down in the 30 - 40,000 miles i've put on it, used to be my daily driver,
Old 01-12-2007, 09:24 PM

my 92 gmc 6.5 has 490,000 miles on it.they are no powerhouse, but gets ya from point a to point b on the cheap.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
This is bad. Two American companies haggling over money. They need to stop this bickering, stand up and make proud American products that are of excellent quality. They need to put the disappointing 6.0 behind them and step up to the plate with the best quality product like we used to do here in the U.S. This is just plain out stupid on both parties part.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BowtiedCTD
i just like to say im glad this aint a ford bashing site....Cuz id hate to see yall bash the 92 F350 in my brothers driveway. cuz i bet yall think that would be a POS too. and for whoever said the 6.0 is the most unreliable diesl out there must have forgotten about the Chevy 6.2s and 6.5s. and i just love how its always everytime on THIS site that Ford is mentioned it becomes a free for all bash. but then again no one ever admits that there are plenty of POS 24Vs out there. but then again wat can u expect from a DODGE site. oh and i guess my brothers POS 6.o with 47,000 trouble free miles must be a total fluke considerin it whips up on CTDs and dmaxs. but then again only takes one skunk in the hen house to stink up the chicken coupe.

And if u noticed the lawsuit isnt because the motor is a POS, which some are. its because they aint holdin up to their end of the deal and for bumping prices up after a deal was arranged. but i guess i would be bashin too if i had nothing better to do with my time. but i guess im one of the few that can admit all brands have their flaws and have some great ones. but i have noticed alot of that uneducated opinions on here, just cuz u dont know dont give u the right to bash.
Boy, that was easy...

The 6.0 has the most recalls/TSB's to date of any Frod product, named in over 60 lawsuites from owners. You're right, its all good, nothing to worry about. All unfounded bashing from the I-6 Hicks...
Old 01-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Banned

and im not bashing the 6.2s/6,5s and if u paid attentino lil dog ud notice i have a 6.0L CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL. and this site is notorious for band bashing. and it gets old quick. but of course im branded a Ford lover cuz i stick up for trucks that dont have all horrible problems, just like on ford sites i get branded a Dodge lover cuz i stick up for CUMMINS. but then again i havent seen many dodges or fords out run duramaxs. so then again where does that leave us?
Old 01-12-2007, 11:36 PM

If you don't care for us not saying the 6.0 PS is the best engine ever built go elsewhere. Every 6.0 I have been around is a coolant puking, oil leaking, no power PIG. I work around these trucks daily they are junk.

Jed
Old 01-13-2007, 12:13 AM

and im not bashing the 6.2s/6,5s and if u paid attentino lil dog ud notice i have a 6.0L CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL. and this site is notorious for band bashing. and it gets old quick. but of course im branded a Ford lover cuz i stick up for trucks that dont have all horrible problems, just like on ford sites i get branded a Dodge lover cuz i stick up for CUMMINS. but then again i havent seen many dodges or fords out run duramaxs. so then again where does that leave us?
You own a 6.0L CTD? Hmmmm, when did Cummins start making a 6.0? Maybe you meant to say a 6.0 PSD.

Tell you what, I own a 6.0 PSD and I'm mad edit at FoMoCo for putting an INFERIOR product under the hood. They KNOWINGLY put a junky engine on the market and stepped on the toes of thousands of consumers.

You want to know something else....I'm now trying to sell my truck and I can't get rid of the POS w/o taking a huge loss because no one wants a 6.0 PSD.

Want to know the first question out of everyone's mouth when I tell them I've got an '04 F250 Lariat Diesel?......"Is it a 7.3 or 6.0". When I tell them it's a 6.0 they run for the hills. If I had the 7.3 I would have no problems whatsoever getting rid of it, but the 6.0 is a totally different story.

I have had a rolling/fluctuating idle from purchase that has never been fixed, numerous EBP sensor replacements, reflashes, oil leak that was never fixed, I/C boots being blown off while towing, tow bills and Ford could give a flip less.

I **** well have a right to brand bash, so don't preach to me.

If I had known about these diesel forums before buying my 1st diesel three years ago I would have never purchased a Ford. You live and you learn.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by t-boe
Maybe they'll drop Navistar and pickup Cat. If they did that and fixed all the other problems...they might have a decent truck!
and that would make sense considering how many ford trucks have CAt license plates, and stickers. i still dont understand why people do that
Old 01-13-2007, 09:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've owned a few fords so I've earned the right. Ford is partners with several otherwise good mfgrs. My experience is, the parts the other mfgrs designed were fine but the parts that ford meddled with was crap. IHC doesn't build powerhouses but they built dependable engines and ford took care of that for them. Remember, even the IHC 6L was proven in Europe and then ford got involved. I have faith in ford - they will screw up any product they buy from any other mfgr. . BTW, the 6.2s and 6.5s were terrific compared to the Olds 4.3s and 5.7s, which I also had the misfortune of owning. Craig
Old 01-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Arkapigdiesel
You own a 6.0L CTD? Hmmmm, when did Cummins start making a 6.0? Maybe you meant to say a 6.0 PSD.

Tell you what, I own a 6.0 PSD and I'm mad edit at FoMoCo for putting an INFERIOR product under the hood. They KNOWINGLY put a junky engine on the market and stepped on the toes of thousands of consumers.

You want to know something else....I'm now trying to sell my truck and I can't get rid of the POS w/o taking a huge loss because no one wants a 6.0 PSD.

Want to know the first question out of everyone's mouth when I tell them I've got an '04 F250 Lariat Diesel?......"Is it a 7.3 or 6.0". When I tell them it's a 6.0 they run for the hills. If I had the 7.3 I would have no problems whatsoever getting rid of it, but the 6.0 is a totally different story.

I have had a rolling/fluctuating idle from purchase that has never been fixed, numerous EBP sensor replacements, reflashes, oil leak that was never fixed, I/C boots being blown off while towing, tow bills and Ford could give a flip less.

I **** well have a right to brand bash, so don't preach to me.

If I had known about these diesel forums before buying my 1st diesel three years ago I would have never purchased a Ford. You live and you learn.

Nope its definately a 6.0L CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL. Ever here of adjusting for bigger bore???? and to be almost exact its a 6.034L CTD, out of a Case IH Magnum. so do ur research next time.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope its definately a 6.0L CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL. Ever here of adjusting for bigger bore???? and to be almost exact its a 6.034L CTD, out of a Case IH Magnum. so do ur research next time.
Maybe it would be better if you said what engine you have and then say it has been adjusted for the bigger bore as most know Cummins did not make a 6.0L in a Dodge truck.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:00 AM

i just like to say im glad this aint a ford bashing site....Cuz id hate to see yall bash the 92 F350 in my brothers driveway. cuz i bet yall think that would be a POS too. and for whoever said the 6.0 is the most unreliable diesl out there must have forgotten about the Chevy 6.2s and 6.5s. and i just love how its always everytime on THIS site that Ford is mentioned it becomes a free for all bash. but then again no one ever admits that there are plenty of POS 24Vs out there. but then again wat can u expect from a DODGE site. oh and i guess my brothers POS 6.o with 47,000 trouble free miles must be a total fluke considerin it whips up on CTDs and dmaxs. but then again only takes one skunk in the hen house to stink up the chicken coupe.
Nope, if you'd read what was said above some Ford diesel were good. The 7.3's weren't bad. The 6.2's run almost forever, because they're gutless, but you better bet on everyone of them having a cracked head or two. The 6.5's are about the same until you get into the electronics! There are a lot of 24v guys that have problems, but there are even more that don't, and have no idea of problems!

And the 47K trouble free miles...report back when the truck has some real miles on it. There are LOTS of Dodges running around with 200K, 300K, and some even 500K mostly trouble free miles on them.

Yes it's a Dodge site, but go to a Ford site and they're saying the same thing...except for those tunnel visioned airheads that refuse to admit any problems!

BTW, I'm a 12v Cummins guy, not a Dodge guy...but I have been impressed with the quality of my (older) Dodge's vs. all the Chevy's I've driven over the years!
Chris
Old 01-13-2007, 11:02 AM

Thats right

Originally Posted by linetrash75
If you don't care for us not saying the 6.0 PS is the best engine ever built go elsewhere. Every 6.0 I have been around is a coolant puking, oil leaking, no power PIG. I work around these trucks daily they are junk.

Jed
Yeah Big Brother you tell'em. But I gotta admit my 01 7.3 PSD was a good truck
Old 01-13-2007, 11:09 AM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

And if u noticed the lawsuit isnt because the motor is a POS, which some are. its because they aint holdin up to their end of the deal and for bumping prices up after a deal was arranged. but i guess i would be bashin too if i had nothing better to do with my time. but i guess im one of the few that can admit all brands have their flaws and have some great ones. but i have noticed alot of that uneducated opinions on here, just cuz u dont know dont give u the right to bash.
It wasn't the 6.2 or the 6.5, it was the 5.7 that was the ultimate POS. Or, at least until the 6.0.

Wetspirit

Quick Reply: Ford Sues Navistar