General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Ford Sues Navistar

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Sues Navistar

The 6.4L isn't even available for sale yet and this is going on...

I don't mean to become a Ford Basher but sheesh!

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...DATE/701120464
Old 01-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Banned

Hmm, I wonder what this will do to the future of their relationship. Maybe now the morons at Ford will try to source a real diesel for their Super Duty line, but the way big business like that works I'll bet they remain friends and continue to produce the most unreliable diesel the world has ever seen.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:31 PM

Sueing your engine maker can never be a good thing. Besides, I thought Ford spec'd the 6.0's to some extent? And with all the new emissions equipment and second turbo, how are they surprised by increased costs per engine?
Old 01-12-2007, 02:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And morons still buy them!!
Old 01-12-2007, 03:04 PM
JKM

That's retarded , ford screwed the engine up , not navistar , the VT365 is alot more reliable than the ford version , it is still not perfect , but it is ALOT better.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:14 PM

Maybe they'll drop Navistar and pickup Cat. If they did that and fixed all the other problems...they might have a decent truck!
Old 01-12-2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by t-boe
Maybe they'll drop Navistar and pickup Cat. If they did that and fixed all the other problems...they might have a decent truck!
id love to see that i might think of one someday when its time for a new one
Old 01-12-2007, 05:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RC51
I don't mean to become a Ford Basher but sheesh!
I have been

I am now

I will be

F**d
Old 01-12-2007, 05:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
That can`t be a good thing for ferd. If I was shopping a truck and saw that article it would makes think twice...sure is a rough road for the bleu ovels.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:12 PM

Sounds like they are looking for any kind of cash flow to stay afloat. Can't sell them, then sue the people who supply the parts!
Old 01-12-2007, 06:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Like I have said for 8 years now, I bought a CTD and they threw in a Dodge truck to get it delivered to me.

After looking at all of the info available, ease of maintenance, easy to work on, reliable, dependable, on & on, rect, ect, ect. Why anyone would pay $50K for a truck with an experimental, unproven, motor simply defies logic.

I heard Cumins is gonna buy Ferd.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:51 PM

I can speak from experience. The 6.0 is a POS of an engine. You know what is worse that that? Trying to resale one. The word is out on the street and NO ONE wants to give you fair value.

One guy at a dealership told me "If it were a Cummins or a 7.3 I could buy it and have it sold in 10 minutes, but no one wants a 6.0 PSD".

It's amazing how it is to have a REAL engine. I've had my Ram for 11,000 miles now and you just don't realize how GREAT of an engine it is until after owning a powerjoke. I'm ashamed to admit that I even owned one
Old 01-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Banned

i just like to say im glad this aint a ford bashing site....Cuz id hate to see yall bash the 92 F350 in my brothers driveway. cuz i bet yall think that would be a POS too. and for whoever said the 6.0 is the most unreliable diesl out there must have forgotten about the Chevy 6.2s and 6.5s. and i just love how its always everytime on THIS site that Ford is mentioned it becomes a free for all bash. but then again no one ever admits that there are plenty of POS 24Vs out there. but then again wat can u expect from a DODGE site. oh and i guess my brothers POS 6.o with 47,000 trouble free miles must be a total fluke considerin it whips up on CTDs and dmaxs. but then again only takes one skunk in the hen house to stink up the chicken coupe.

And if u noticed the lawsuit isnt because the motor is a POS, which some are. its because they aint holdin up to their end of the deal and for bumping prices up after a deal was arranged. but i guess i would be bashin too if i had nothing better to do with my time. but i guess im one of the few that can admit all brands have their flaws and have some great ones. but i have noticed alot of that uneducated opinions on here, just cuz u dont know dont give u the right to bash.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:55 PM

I owned a psd before my cummins and it was a 2001 7.3, Great engine. When it was time for a new one there was no way I was gonna take a chance with the 6 .0. Navistar isn't doing a few things the way ford wants them to and so ford is suing. Hopefully it gets worked out. Word is that all the guys who have ordered there 6.4's are getting delayed and now we know why, it's because ford sued navistar. Maybe they will drop a better engine in the f series which would be cool.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Uh oh, Ford lover bashing the venerable Detroit 6.2 and 6.5 TD's?
Granted, the 6.2 TD was in no way a power hoss, but for reliability and economy it can match the Cummins (notice I didn't say for torque or h.p.). The 6.5 TD was reliable until '94 when they changed over to the Stanadyne DB-4 pump (electronic). In fact, the 6.5 is what pushes the HMMV's around, but I have heard that they have the DB-2 (mechanical) pump. Think of the DB-2 vs. DB-4 change as going from the P Pump to the VP-44. Sometimes electronics don't stand up well to HD pickup applications.
Again, I prefer my Cummins engines, but I do know several folks who have had moderately good luck with their 6.5's They did open up the exhaust, change over to a high-flow water pump and dual thermostat neck, as well as added a Duramax fan to take care of the heating problem.
Everyone I know with a 7.3 has had very good luck.
Everyone I know with a Duramax has had very good luck.
The three people I know with the 6.0's aren't very happy, but on the bright side they do get to drive a Dodge/Cummins when they need to borrow a truck to replace one in the shop.

Dry Creek.

Quick Reply: Ford Sues Navistar